• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black Sequence (Except for Nested Sequences)

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently I finished editing a video, watched through the preview and prepared to export.

Midway through the export, however, my external SSD disconnected (if this makes a difference at all) so I stopped the encoding process, and 30 minutes later reconnected the SSD and re-linked all the footage as well.

The issue is, the entire sequence (and only the primary sequence) has gone black, it does not process video, however audio is completely fine. In addition, the nested sequences are working completely fine. I'm even able to move footage from the nested sequence into the main sequence and it renders there, but only 10% of my edits are through that, so it's not a band-aid. I have the primary sequence exported through Adobe Media Encoder and the file size comes out to only 106 MB.

I swapped out renderers for software,  alt + shift, changing versions back and forth, importing a new project, disabling captions, nothing.

Any help?

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try:

delete media cache

delete render files from sequence

reset the preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done all of these, i asked a friend who was an editing expert and jumped through a lot of, changing to software rendering. Changing versions and such. Currently i was able to copy the file material and am sending it to a friend to see if he can render it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Update:

I copied the project + footage and sent it to an editor friend. On his computer he has the same issue, the main sequence is completely black, but the nested sequences in that work completely fine. If you try to copy the sequence into a different sequecne, it is still black.

What could possibly be the problem? I can't just start over, it's a 40 minute completely edited video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GarretSch,

We're sorry to hear about this. Would you mind sharing a copy of the project file with us to get it tested at our end? Also, if you have applied any third-party effects or plugins in that sequence, have you tried disabling them to check if it restores the preview?
Note: Moved to the Discussions tab to continue troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sent that over to you.

Luckily a colleague of mine, who is much more skillful than I, went through and manually replaced all the footage in the sequence for it to match up. The issue is no more, but it is still worth going through this to find out what happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines