• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black side bars on Exported Video

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rendered my video, and when watching it in QuickTime there are black bars on the sides even though there weren't when I was editing the footage. The footage is 640x480 so I assume it won't be high quality, but why does it look good when editing but not when I watch it in full screen? Are the black bars supposed to be there in the final export? Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 5.53.35 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Hi Spencer Garcia,

Looking at the preview in the Export Settings panel, it seems like the media is not exported with the black bars on the sides. 640x480 media has a 4:3 aspect ratio, unlike 16:9 aspect ratio of 1920x1080 media. Your exported media is closer to a squarish frame compared to the traditional 16:9 media. When you watch 640x480 media on a 16:9 monitor in full screen, you will see the black bars on the sides as the squarish video (4:3) is supposed to fit in a rectangular preview scree

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Spencer Garcia,

Looking at the preview in the Export Settings panel, it seems like the media is not exported with the black bars on the sides. 640x480 media has a 4:3 aspect ratio, unlike 16:9 aspect ratio of 1920x1080 media. Your exported media is closer to a squarish frame compared to the traditional 16:9 media. When you watch 640x480 media on a 16:9 monitor in full screen, you will see the black bars on the sides as the squarish video (4:3) is supposed to fit in a rectangular preview screen (16:9). Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines