Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K not recognised

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi people,

Since the last PP update, my Intensity Pro 4K card isn't showing up in the Playback preferences of PP 22.2.0.

Both FCPX and Resolve can see the card without issues, so I suspect it's not the driver. 

System is running MacOS 12.3.

Any clues please?

Thanks, Jonathan

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting this, Jonathan. I apologize that this is occurring to you. It's the first I've heard of any troubles. Please try the typical troubleshooting steps like resetting preferences. This may help in getting your device recognized once more. Please also open a case with Blackmagic Design to see what they have to say. Perhaps there is a new driver. If you cannot get it up and running after that, do let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it must be an Adobe thing. It's not recognised in After Effects or Premiere Pro but is working normally in FCPX and Resolve. I've tried resetting the preferences, with no effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the latest driver and see what happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about this, jonathanrichards,

Is it possible to get the precise specs of your computer? Is this an M1 Mac? Let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is where it all gets complicated as it's am Intel i9 based Hackintosh running Monteray. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are taking a big risk building a hackintosh. Sometimes they work sometimes they don't. At this point we cannot consider it a bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guessed that I would get that reaction!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it odd that both Resolve and FCP both recognise the card normally, and PP + AE don't. So there must be some issue with the Adobe products?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible it is a bug but I don't think Adobe is going to worry that much about a hackintosh. If a few other people have the same problem on Mac and PC systems then Adobe will start to worry. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin

Was this ever reolved as I'm having the same problem with these specs:

Mac Pro (2019)

3.3 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon W

48 GB 2933 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro W5500X 8 GB

Running Monterey and just installed AE and it can see the card in the audio hardware but not video previews. Just doesnt show up.

Thanks for your help.

Rufus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

Mac Pro 2019 

OSX 12.5.1

12 Core Intel Xeon

144GB Ram

AMD Pro Vega II Duo 32GB

Decklink Mini Monitor 4k

Decklink Quad HDMI Recorder

Adobe Premiere 22.6.2

Desktop Video 12.4

Timeline is 3840x2160 29.97 fps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barry, does it work with the previous version? Have you tried trashing preferences? Updated BMD drivers? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for responding to me.  I just installed it and it doesn't work.  I have tried trashing prefrences and it still doesn't work, or show up in the videoplayback pane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here, MacOS 12.6.1, PP 23.1
I tried updating Blackmagic Drivers to latest but I've had terrible results before resulting in no app recognizing the Decklink, so I reverted back to version 12 which was running in PP 23.1 (though I was getting some crashes). Now, it is not recognized even though Davinci Resolve does recognize it.

I've reinstalled PP, trashed preferences, etc. It's weird how it was working and now is not. But the latest drivers for Blackmagic are not working with this card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines