Exit

BlackMagic Ultrastudio Meltdown

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro M1 Max, 64GB

Premiere Pro v22.1.2

Blackmagic Desktop Video 12.2.2 (currently back revving to 12.2.1)

As a note, this system was bullet proof until this issues presented itself last week, now all projects are affected. I have Premiere Pro’s audio settings configured as Blackmagic recommends in their user manual. 

When playing back video in a sequence, trimming, or toggling between program and source, audio in premiere will dropout. The software meters will stick in position, and the hardware meters on the UltraStudio and my Motu M4 aren’t bouncing. I can restore playback by toggling between timeline and source. Eventually this will happen more frequently until Premiere stops responding. From here if I unplug the UltraStudio’s Thunderbolt Cable, Premiere will come back to life. But plugging the Ultrastudio in doesn’t restore playback. It typically requires crashing Premiere, which will not quit, and re-booting the machine. From there the cycle starts over again. Very frustrating.

Has anyone seen this or a similar issue? I just spent 30 minutes with Blackmagic support and while the gentleman I talked to was very nice, he was not very helpful. 

I’m going to try to go back one driver version now and see if that helps. 

Thanks, 

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried setting input of the audio card in PPro to None?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Disconnect the MOTU interface and see if it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines