Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blackscreen Prores RAW

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I opened my project today with Prores RAW footage which worked through the whole year. Now Premiere cannot show the preview of any footage (black screen). My colleague has the same problem so I assume it is not an individual case. Please help

Hardware:

Windows 10 (64)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790

GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 1080 STRIX A8G-Gaming

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Check your Nvidia driver ... that must be a Studio driver, and the lastest one that works with ProRes RAW seems to be 517.40. Several users have posted about that.

So try that driver.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Nvidia driver ... that must be a Studio driver, and the lastest one that works with ProRes RAW seems to be 517.40. Several users have posted about that.

So try that driver.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if we use a 4080 and the driver don't go back that far?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My suggestion is to stay away from any of the GeForce RTX 4000 series (Lovelace) GPUs for now, until Nvidia gets its driver bugs fixed. Only buy a GeForce RTX 3000 series (Ampere) or older GPU if you must buy a GPU right away. Don't go too old, though, with the GPU: Maxwell-based (GeForce 900 or 750 series) GPUs are now on their last legs of mainstream support.

For the record, driver version 522.25/522.30 is the very first Studio Driver version to support the RTX 4090 while driver version 526.98 is the first to support the RTX 4080 16 GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that would be a great suggestion if I didn't already own a 4080 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ouch!

And this is like so many other things right now ... dependent on ... something. Because some 4000 series users are getting work out, while others are getting smashed.

But RJL is right, a lot of 4000 cards ain't smoking the workload at this time. Sadly.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines