• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Boost quiet audio without changing max peaks.

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if the header is worded weird, I am not sure what the appropriate terminology would be.
Basically, I'm trying to edit an audio track that includes two voices, one quieter and one louder. I'm trying to find a way to boost the quieter voice (and other associated background noises that are quiet) without changing the gain of the louder one any further. Are there any ways of achieving this effect without manually cutting the timeline at each segment the loud voice comes in and removing the gain changes?
Any help is immensely appreciated!

TOPICS
Audio , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what you're looking for is in the audio effects:  amplitude and compression folder.   Do some googling for the specifics on which effect is best and how to make this work... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mgrenadier's suggestion may help a lot or a little ... depending.

You will probably need to keyframe changes ... I would suggest working with the Track mixer, and using that panel's controls in the "write" or "touch" modes to boost sound levels and then cut them at the necessary places. Faster than most other methods.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines