• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BRAW clips not importing

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem: importing BRAW clips into premiere not working (they play and import in Resolve).

PPro 14.4.0

iMac Pro: 10.15.7

Braw plugin from BM" 1.8.1

Any solutions or anyone else running into this?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Found the issue and the solution with some help from @R Neil Haugen There was no medicacore plugin folder for the BRAW plugin from Blackmagic initially. I added the free Autokroma studio and it created that folder. then I uninstalled the autokroma (I had paid for V1 but not v2 yet). Then reinstalled Blackmagic RAW plugin 2.0 and it populated that folder and now everything shows up fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only suggestion I have is to make sure it's properly installed in the right folder. That BM free plugin is worth what you're paying for it ... about zip in my experience. It often doesn't install correctly and you may need to manually move the files to the right spot. Check with BM support as to where the files need to be.

I gave up and bought the Autokroma BRAW Studio plugins. They work ... they give you options for presets and such ... and did I mention, they just work?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. I'll check on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the issue and the solution with some help from @R Neil Haugen There was no medicacore plugin folder for the BRAW plugin from Blackmagic initially. I added the free Autokroma studio and it created that folder. then I uninstalled the autokroma (I had paid for V1 but not v2 yet). Then reinstalled Blackmagic RAW plugin 2.0 and it populated that folder and now everything shows up fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this, it's very useful data to add to the discussion!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @spidervideo,

Thanks for your feedback about your issue !

Just for your information, you can continue to use the new versions of BRAW Studio with your license bought for V1. 

You will have all features you had before and even more ! 

Just some new features like the Source Settings in our BRAW Studio Panel will be in trial.

You can find all the information about using BRAW Studio V2 and the licensing change here :

https://www.autokroma.com/blog/BRAW-Studio-V2-How-To-Upgrade-Source-Settings-Panel/

Best

Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
We added a double check on the MediaCore folder in our official BRAW Studio installer ! That'll help the others who will have the same issue.
By the way you can use BRAW Studio V2 with your V1 license just fine
Cheers
Antoine

-------------------- AfterCodecs (Fast Exporter & Workflow Tools) and BRAW Studio (Fully featured Blackmagic RAW Importer & Panel Suite) for Adobe CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue, but I can't find where the braw player files are to move them. 

Where did you find yours?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Why would you need to move files ? 

If you want to install the BM free importer (included in BRAW Player) : just try to install it (latest version !) and check if it works. 

If it doesn't work, try to install the free BRAW Studio TRIAL : it should create the good folders. Then uninstall it, and install back the BM free importer. If it says that it is already installed, choose to "repair" it. 

Also, please note all problems you could face with the BM free plugin, and all the features BRAW Studio has : : https://www.autokroma.com/blog/BlackmagicRaw-Plugin-BRAW-Studio-Difference

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nearly a year later and this post just saved my ass.  I can't believe there still isn't an automatic fix for this, but it is what it is.  Worth the $75 for prevent another Adobe +BM headache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines