• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BRAW STUDIO fully available for Premiere | enjoy 👏

Guide ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The BRAW Studio plugin for Premiere Pro from the AUTOKROMA team is available for free for full-fledged work with frames obtained from Blackmagic cameras. I advise you to test from the official website of the company for stability. Thanks to the developers of AUTOKROMA company 👏

Info: https://www.autokroma.com/blog/BRAW-Studio-Is-Now-FREE

TOPICS
Editing , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude, wow ... if someone disagrees with you they're confused? Or ... they don't care!!!!

Right. Whatever.

You seem totally focused on your issues, and those of a certain subset of Premiere users, and conflating those to most users. Factually wrong, but ... that's your opinion. And this is something worth discussing, because yes, there are other users that feel as you do. This might be educational if people can get past their emotions.

You are most welcome to your opinion. Just please realize it's your opinion. And others will always differ.

I just got off the LGG and BlackMagic forums, both with complaints about the RED, Sony OXcn formats and others that won't work well on most of the M1 .... and were compared at times to Premiere doing better on their systems. Far better numbers on ancient Macs and PCs than M1s for some actions in Resolve.

Against really fantastic numbers for say ProRes for the M1s. The conclusions were for certain media/workflows, older Macs and Premiere beat M1 performance compared to Resolve.

Some of the M1 issues with certain media are also the same in Premiere, because of the way the hardware and software instructions at this time interact with certain media. I expect that will get sorted at some point. Those issues are totally a Mac issue, and neither Adobe nor BlackMagic to "blame" for them.

Which is back to my overall point: these are fancy hammers, that's all. Period. End your useless angst, and use whichever tool works for you, your gear, your media, your needs. They are just TOOLS.

For example: Jim Simon was a long time user and major contributor here for many years. Very, very helpful to me when I started out, and yes, his replies were blunt and highly opinionated. But then, he got a lot of work out of Premiere when others struggled through some releases with horrible issues.

Your comments that Premiere "used to be" totally stable ... well, using it since CS6, I can't think of when that time would be, personally. There's always been some issues. Hitting more or less users of course.

And Jim's blunt short comments and workflow dicta got me working when I was totally hammered with a number of things.

But at some point, Resolve became a better tool for him than Premiere. So he went with Resolve ... great! I see his responses all the time on the Resolve forum, and ... he's still the same old blunt opinionated guy. Look at his comments, take what's useful for you, and please ... just leave your emotions on the counter.

But Resolve is working very well for him. And that's a good thing. Most awesome.

I have my complaints about both Premiere and Resolve, as so often noted. There are things that I would dearly love to have the Adobe developers do, BUT ... from the numbers, the M&E types (again, Marketing & Experience) feel those issues aren't a major issue with the majority of their users, and they clearly rank some of my ideas and concerns low.

And the M&E people are up above the "mere" product teams people in the Adobe heirarchy.

Does that mean "they don't care about my precious app!!!!!!"

Oh for Heaven's sake, no. Jeepers.

Does that mean they don't care about the users? For freaking Hades, leave the emotions out of it.

It means this, and only this: they disagree based on their numbers. Concerning the usage they see of the apps, overall,  across the user base, for those things that I want.

Period. That's all.

(Humans disagree ... oh Heavens ... NOOOOOO!!!!! .... or ... what the heck do you expect?)

So I will try to get the devs at NAB to see what I want ... many of them actually agree with most of what I'd like changed ... but the problem for my wishes really isn't the devs. It is getting the M&E people to see the same thing. It's simply difficult for one user to change their opinion based on what their numbers tell them.

I've dealt with both the devs and a fair number of M&E types from Adobe in person. Perhaps you haven't. Because of that direct, personal interaction, they're people to me. Some of which I very, very strongly disagree with. And some well ... I wonder about. (Are they actually people or ... Commander Data? ... is Adobe more advanced technically than we even dream of? ... lol)

But I'm not going to make stupid or ignorant claims about them either. I have my opinions. They have theirs. They run the company.

And every team member I've ever met for any of the Adobe apps ... from Illustrator through Animator through Premiere and the other video apps ... care deeply about "their" program. Whether or not we agree on anything, that much is clear. All of them are daily users of the apps they work on. Because they are passionate about that thing "their" app does.

But the devs do not live and work in a vaccum. They're in a massive system, with many bosses above them. And of course, do as the company lays out. Based mostly on the M&E people's take on ... metrics.

I'm sure the M&E people feel they care  just as passionately about this stuff as any of us. I still, personally, find them ... well, interesting to study. Observe. They are very highly if perhaps narrowly trained. Focused.

And different from me, which is only to say therefore, clearly human. We all disagree. On nearly everything, when you get down to it. It's what we do best as humans. And that's also a Good Thing to me.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, a great discussion and end the arguments on this. Let's talk about the subject. Other users read us and want to get useful information about plugins from Blackmagic and Autokroma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, 

My response video was for Baffy. Baffy and I are questioning if Adobe is competitive with the competition. You are simply trying to defend Adobe. I used to love Adobe. Premiere Pro, Indesign, Photoshop AE etc were amazing and priced great but a lot of things have changed over the years. 

Let me cut to the chase and make it super easy for you Neil. Do you think FCPX and Resolve would be a better products if the cost was a fee $19.99 a month to rent? At this point in time there should be zero confusion Neil. Simply Answer the question. If you respond by saying you would prefer to pay a fee of $19.99 a month for Resolve and FCPX as opposed to paying a one time fee of $300.00 I want it on record. On the other hand you could respond by saying Adobe could be priced better to be more competitive. You could also add if you pay more for a product you should expect more but that is up to you. Simply response to the question at hand a leave out all the preambles. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not surprised at your response Andy ... I don't think you actually read what I write. Step back from your emotions, please.

First, I defend and criticize Adobe the same as I defend and criticize Resolve. They're TOOLS for crying out loud! That is flipping ALL they are! I use both, daily. They have their strengths and weaknesses, both. But in the end, they're just tools. That's it. Again, cut the emotions.

Now ... making this simple. Which it is.  Adobe and BlackMagic have two very different profit models.

Adobe only makes income on providing software. They have no other source of income.

BlackMagic only makes income by selling hardware. They have no other source of income. 

How do we know this about BlackMagic? You do know they even give their "paid" software version away free, right?

Buy one camera from BlackMagic, or an Atem switcher unit for your YouTube production or streaming, you've got a for-life Resolve Studio license.  Most pros I know have a drawer of extra Resolve licenses they'll never use sitting around. Even I do, in my small shop! (And yes, I do really like my BMPCC4K ... and my Atem Mini Pro unit [even though the first one stopped working one month after warranty ... ]... and ...)

So answer this: how would Adobe stay in business if they gave all the software away free? Where do you suggest they'd get their needed revenue to stay in operation?

But your comments seem to suggest you want Adobe to give you the software at the same "price" as BlackMagic, but ... without replacing the income from the software sales! That's ... absurd. Totally.

Resolve is a fine piece of software, with it's glitches and faults. Like any app. I prefer the UI of Premiere, but Resolve works fine for most things. Friends love working in Resolve, I prefer Premiere. For now.

And at the moment, Premiere is screaming fast on my rig. And from the numbers going up constantly, the vast majority of Premiere users are getting on just fine, thank you.

I've got my issues over several things, but in general, it's working pretty good for me.

Which is exactly what my Resolve buds say ... they have their issues with Resolve but it's working pretty good overall for them.

Well, awesome!

And in the end, they're ... tools. That's all. Use what works, on your gear with your media and needs, right now. And get on with Life. Spare the emotions for where they matter.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, 

I am well aware that Blakcmagic Design gives away their paid version of the software with their cameras. You are not educating anyone. I stated in my prior post we don't need anymore preambles. I don't need to hear about your Blackmagic Design camera. No one does. At the end of the day Blackmagic Design could make the users pay a monthly rental fee for Resolve and Apple could charge a monthly rental fee for FCPX. Many people would pay it. They would not be happy about it but they would pay it. There is no law stating Blackmagic Design cannot make money each month from Resolve. Same can be said about Apple and FCPX. Many FCPX and Resolve user were afraid they might end up paying a monthly rental fee. So far that has not happened although it could at some point in time. 

I never stated I wanted the CC cloud to be a one time fee of $299.99. You were a tad bit dishonest imply I did. I do think Adobe could implement a better price points. 

For many people Premiere Pro works just fine. For other people Resolve works just fine. For some people Edius works just fine but that is not the issue. The issues is if Premiere Pro has a better price point when compared to the competition. Is Premiere Pro getting better and better when compared to the competition?

Should Edius be a monthly rental fee of $19.99 a month. Have you ever heard anyone say they wish they could rent Edius for $19.99 a month and when they stop paying for a month the software stops working. Keep in mind no one was happy about the CC rental paradigm. People avoided it as long as possible. Why do you think that is? Could it be because it kind of sucks? 

Would it be better to rent or buy Edius? Simply stick with Edius when responding. Please do not respond with a bunch of useless preambles that can be refuted. Simply respond by typing rent or buy. 

The sad fact of all of this is I was going to compare the realtime performance of Premiere Pro to Resolve, Media Composer and Edius. I wanted Premiere Pro to really shine but instead Premiere Pro had all kinds of problems. I don't use BRAW or Pro Res but I need to use them for the shootout. What a big let down for a long time Premiere Pro user considering I used to tell people how good the realtime performance of Premiere Pro is/was. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Always a moving target ...  😉

I don't care about relative price/value discussions. Wasted time. If you're fine with it, buy. If not, don't.

And all you can tell people about for relative performance is how Premiere does comparatively on your machine with your media. That's it, but then, that's all anyone can do.

On your rig apparently you can't get it to go. On mine, it screams. Ah well.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of great importance in Adobe products is third-party support for plugins that extend the functionality of the product. And this distinguishes Premiere from the same DaVinci. Adobe will not take responsibility for the work of third-party software. Moreover, there is a huge income in the piggy bank from interaction with other third-party application developers. This is the main factor that slows down or hinders the development of the whole product. I believe that now those extensions, plugins, we are talking about those that may initially be in the product should be there, and not give third-party ideas for their implementation. Here is an example of the same Autokroma, which has a plugin to support a diverse number of extensions and codecs for showing frames in Premiere. There is the same BRAW, which is discussed in this article, there is a plugin for consolidation and trimming, which is oh so useful in work and all this should be inside the program. And am my most long-awaited feature in Premiere, which will greatly simplify the process of boring Cut is a plugin for removing silence in the voice. Oh, how he is needed in Premiere. However, what we see is that this plugin exists and it works fine, but it is third-party and costs extra money. If we calculate that the user has to buy dozens more plug-ins to perform their tasks by buying Adobe software, then this friends is just crazy and will be more expensive than buying several NLE programs combined. If you don't believe it, calculate how much the product from Boris FX and Maxon costs. You will be horrified. And this is money. This is the main aspect in the development of Adobe. Business and nothing else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those working in the industry, plugins have always been a need, a way to extend functionality of the applications. Resolve, Avid, Baselight ... all not only allow but encourage the development of extensions by third parties.

Say the colorists I work with ... some have the RedGiant and now Maxon suites, some have Boris or others ... but many have "all of the above" and use whichever gets the particular task done best.

Special effects people tend to have a bunch of things loaded also, no matter which app they work in. It's all part of the cost and process of doing business. The Maxon, Boris, and other such company booths at NAB are very, very popular places.

And the software makers tend to work with the extension developers, not wanting to step on the livelihoods of those rather useful people. And typically giving them the API ... and working with them to change the API ... so the plugins can do as much as possible.

That is not going away. Period. For any app. Just being realistic.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't get it working when I obtained a paid version, so I think I'll pass.

The BM version works for me, although I do have hit Revert to Metadata before I can apply the LUT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment they have the latest version and there are no restrictions in the application to frames. Previously, it was possible to apply only to 500 frames for familiarization. Now there are no restrictions and in the free version you can do the main front of work. Try the new version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info @Baffy19 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

enjoy 🙌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, im more of the BM plugin fan myself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the big things I've enjoyed at NAB is the aisle-way discussions. And the ones around the back of the Adobe booth with the engineers and several users sharing experiences.

We are all different in the way we work. I was in a discussion with an editor and three of his assistants. All hired as total noobs by the guy, all totally taught by him. And they laughed about even then, they all work very differently while editing in the same shop.

As for the BM BRAW plugin, I couldn't ever rely on it. It would work for a while, then wouldn't. Just fritzed. But the next day it might work ... or I might have to wait for a new plugin from them. And since I 'left' their plugin, I've three times now removed the Autokroma plugin and tested the lastest BM plugin. Well ... yea, that's not good.

And back to the Autokroma plugin.

Now ... for anyone using the BM plugin, the Autokroma site has the best support for issues with the BM plugin you'll find anywhere. Including all sorts of fixes/workarounds to keep using it. Nice people at Autokroma.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell us what exactly attracts and repels you. How good is he? Many doubt its application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines