• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bring Back Old Export Window

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go back to the old export window. Either that, or separat out the tools panel from the export panel. Every time I export, I have to resize and move the export panel away from where I have the tools panel (as a tiny box between source & program monitors), then resize and move it back. Totally unnecessary steps. 

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend sending your footage to Media Encoder for the look and feel of the old export panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Send to Media Encoder" only appears after I open the export window, in which case I've just lost the tools panel configuration I had.  Unless there's a way to send to Media Encoder without hitting File/Export Media,  I'd like the old export window back so I don't lose my tools panel every time.  There is no reason for having to shift from Edit to Export and back again.  It's a step backwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...Unless there's a way to send to Media Encoder without hitting File/Export Media

By @Tuk70

You can open Media Encoder and go to File > Add Premiere Pro Sequence and select the project file or just drag the sequence from Premiere Pro´s Project panel to the UI of Media encoder. Remember to save before doing it so the latest work comes over to ME. No way to send it from Premiere Pro without using the new export interface.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, but 35 seconds to open ME, 5 secs to drag sequence= 40 seconds vs 3 seconds to right-click & open Export window. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rediculously stupid change in the interface! No real editor had this idea or suggestion. There's no reason to make it a workspace ONLY. Put the Export dialog box back in the Windows menu. Let me decide if I want it over my other windows, not you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are we working around a stupid change by Adobe? Just return the interface to contain the Export Dialog Window as a window that can be savable in a custom workspace. NOT a workspace by itself that is hidden behind everything. Hasn't any developer seen this in 6 versions? Unreal!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl+Shift+M

Send to media encoder.

Not sure but might be only in the beta not in 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure but might be only in the beta not in 2023.

By @Ann Bens

It seems to be beta-only at the moment. It´s not avilable in 23.2. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us decide if we want an Export Workspace (nobody does) or an Export Window that is part of our Workspace. This locked view of the Export Dialog box is, by far, the most inconvenient and time consuming "feature change" that I have seen in 23 years of using Adobe Premiere and Pro. Who had this brilliant idea? FIRE THEM IMMEDIATELY! I'm sure no real USER recommended this extremely obnoxious change!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% agree!
This feature is time wasting... Bring back Export Window, or let users deciede if want Export Workspace or Export Window. Most people will use Window.
Sending to ME is not a solution, it also takes ages to export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like you,  I do not care for the Export page. I've posted requests for the options to use the old one or modify the current one.

I'm in practice,  though,  a practical person. And I do have to work now. As is.

So I went through the entire Export preset list, un-starring everything.

Then I made several complete and very specific presets for the exact settings I normally use. Starred those, so they're now top of the list.

And it doesn't take any extra time for my needs. You might try this, at least, it will be less annoying.

Wanna know something weird?

There are a lot of users that either don't care which is there, and some others that actually like the new Export page. Whatever ... different strokes for different folks I guess.

Hope they do change or at least allow us to modify the thing. But I ain't holding my breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Control-Shift-M are my favorite keys now. It should be a check box in preferences, use Media Encoder, or render in background. It was there for 20 years, if you can't put it back in the Windows dropdown, give me a choice. It's already coded to be there, put it back and keep the dumb export workspace that nobody likes. Sometimes, if it aint broke, why are you fixing it? Tell me who wants a workspace dedicated to exporting when I can create a watch folder if I want? I'm locked out of doing anything while in the Export Workspace. So NOT productive. Smacks of 1990 when I hit render and went home. Why ? 1 good reason,  why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines