Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Broken captions: for some reason the captions type from right to left

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to write captions for some work I'm doing and the captions type out from right to left, I've tried to see where the settings for the caption track is but I can't find anything which will fix the problem. Any help is much appreciated! 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

In Preferences > Graphics > Default Paragraph Direction is your setting "Left to Right" or "Right to Left?"

Also, are you using a Track Style for your captions that could have been set to "Right to Left?" Click on one of the captions and go to the Edit tab of the Essential Graphics panel. The circled icon in my first screenshot is for Left to Right typing, is the other icon selected? If so, change the icon and then you can hit the "Up Arrow" icon on the right of the "Track Style" dropdown menu (

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Preferences > Graphics > Default Paragraph Direction is your setting "Left to Right" or "Right to Left?"

Also, are you using a Track Style for your captions that could have been set to "Right to Left?" Click on one of the captions and go to the Edit tab of the Essential Graphics panel. The circled icon in my first screenshot is for Left to Right typing, is the other icon selected? If so, change the icon and then you can hit the "Up Arrow" icon on the right of the "Track Style" dropdown menu (second screenshot) and push this update to all captions on your track.

davidarbor_0-1655473398149.png

davidarbor_1-1655473455770.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you David! Your solution with the icon worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If David's suggestion does not fix it for you, what version are you using?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines