Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BSOD Premiere / Media Encoder

Participant ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, 

Since about 2 months ago I started getting BSOD when rendering... I render about 20 sequences each 1-2 minutes videos and add them to the ME que from premiere, so not very long. no heavy effects! in the past it was a breeze I have no idea what is causing this. specifically each time it displays: "VIDEO MANAGMENT ERROR".

When it happens: either mid render, start render or very end. PC gets BSOD and restarts itself, sometimes I can get all the renders out after 2-3 crashes it works suddenly and the repeats with next project. It happens in premiere as well but less often... maybe 1 out of 10 times. on ME it happens 8/10 times. Sometimes I also get screen black outs while using Premiere and the screen goes off and on and then the preview window is all black and I have to restart Premiere to see it again, this only started happening later on and less frequent, made me doubt my GPU. 

Weird thing I figured out: when unplugging second monitor it crashes less frequent and renders faster?? 

My specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER

RAM: 32GB 3200MHZ 

Premiere: Up to date

I have a dedicated SSD NVME that I split up virtually for my project and cache files. and a seperate regular SSD for games and OS. 

The media most of the time in projects consist of Iphone footy so MOV files, 30FPS, some 4k/1080p MP4 stock footage from storyblocks, few VFX stuff I got from YouTube, Images and subtitles.

Interestingly imy PC works fine with any other program or games I use, I have contacted Microsoft, hardware manufacturers, Adobe support, all direct me back to Adobe. I got special tech support but it seems like Adobe is ignoring my call for help so the live support and tech help won't help me, figured out this happens to a lot of people when contacting Adobe, so I'm crying out for help guys! haha. 

Here's everything I tried:

Clean install windows. (10&11)
Stress test GPU.
Clean PC hardware.
Swich ram slots, different rams in different places, reduced ram MHZ. and new ram sticks.
Reset bios settings.
Adobe cleaner tool.
Reinstalled the newest adobe apps.
Memory management tests (multible)
SFC scannow.
Updated all drivers.
Disk check up.
Updated bios.
Virus scans.
Run Premiere/creative cloud/ME in compatiblity mode.
Render using software only.
Deleted old update files from windows.
Disk cleanup.
Tracked hardware preformance/temperature while rendering. (CPU is around 60-90 celsius when rendering and CPU utilization has spikes running up and down and us using about 90% when rendering as well)
Cleared ALL cache.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Hey guys,

Update:

Tried everything. I even went as far as getting a new PSU/RAM and cooler for my CPU, but same story when doing multiple renders...

The good news is I figured out if I render them in batches of 6-7 at a time it can render with no problem. in the near future I will get a new GPU and see how that effects this error. I will update on this! thank you for all the help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using an NVIDIA Studio Driver and not a Game Driver?

Have you checked the power supply?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes studio driver! How do I check the power supply? Elaborate? You think that might be a possibility that's causing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iphone footage is variable frame rate which can cause intermittent, unpredictable problems in Premiere...  Here's how to confirm the diagnosis and solve the problem

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate setting the quality slider in the video panel to maximum
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yeah I've heard of this and know how to use handbrake.. it is worth a try in troubleshooting this problem, I'll post an update if this worked in the next week. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, please let us know if this helps...  The party line is that Adobe is working on this issue, but afaik, the issue hasn't been solved yet.   And apparently it is not a problem in other editing solutions.   And not everybody with this problem remembers to mention that some of their sources may have a vfr...  and frankly, not everybody trying to help remembers to ask the question (I'm as guilty as others here).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to do a clean install of the Video Studio Driver.

Or roll one or two drivers back.

nvidia.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will try this as well. thanks. Will keep this forum updated! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

Update:

Tried everything. I even went as far as getting a new PSU/RAM and cooler for my CPU, but same story when doing multiple renders...

The good news is I figured out if I render them in batches of 6-7 at a time it can render with no problem. in the near future I will get a new GPU and see how that effects this error. I will update on this! thank you for all the help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here 😕 Any solution please ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.  And did you try any of the suggestions in this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines