• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug after updating to Windows 11

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my Premiere Pro keep glitching and i can't use it properly (video of the bug attached)
The problem came after i updated my Windows to Windows 11

I hope someone could fix my problem, thank you in advance

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

YES! Having the EXACT same problem. Appreciate you sharing the video. 

My project is exhibiting that same odd behavior with the UI, where it either doesn't respond, responds after a significant delay, or responds incorrectly to my interaction with it.

This morning my computer restarted for scheduled updates. One of those updates was updating it from Windows 10 to Windows 11.

After the restart I openned a project which I started on this same computer a few months ago. It was working fine for a fe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola rezafahlevi, lo que te sugiero en este caso es que reinicies el  programa usando los comandos ALT + SHIFT + CTRL (mientras estan presionados) inicias el programa para dejarlo como si recien lo hubieras instalado (esto no borra tus proyectos) luego vacia tu cahe de medios y reinica nuevamente.
Eso deberia solucionar tus problemas.

Saludos 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue must be because of corrupt preferences of Application irrespective of the OS version and Premiere Pro version.
Follow these steps to reset the preferences of Premiere Pro application:

For Windows system:
Please open Task Manager either by searching it from Windows search bar in the bottom left corner or by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager. Then close all the Adobe and Creative Cloud related processes running in the background which may include Creative Cloud Desktop Application, Adobe CEF Helper, CC Libraries, Creative Cloud helper, Creative Cloud Notification, AdobeIPC Broker. Make sure you end AdobeIPC Broker at last. Please let me know once done. 

1. Press Window key + R (To open Run dialog box) >> Type %appdata% in Run box >> Ok >> Adobe >> There you will find a folder of Premiere Pro. Please rename it as Premiere Pro.old 
2. Then click n Documents in the left side bar >> Adobe >> Here you will find another Premiere Pro Folder. Rename it as Premiere Pro.old 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abishek,

After updating to windows 11 I cannot open a former team project, I follwed the steps you indicated but it didnt help, and also later reinstalled premiere and installed it again but nothing helps, it sometimes opens but then it just crashes immediately.

Do you have a nother idea what I could do? I think of going back to windows 10, but maybe theres another way?

thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues with me too. Did u fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NYK2459733006h6,

Sorry about this issue. We need more info, though. What kind of media are you using? Which camera did the footage come from? Give us specs on your computer, including CPU, GPU, RAM, and the hard drive type (and how much space is left on the drive). Let us know!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Footages: Gopro 2.7K 59fps, iPhone 1080p30fps, Android Phone 1080p30fps
Specs: i9 12900K, GeForce RTX 2080, 32 GB, Samsung nvme (700+gb left)

The playback header stops and freezes the video preview and then the whole software freezes tho I can hear the audio of that footage. It happens within a minute of opening the application and did even let me trim the video... forget about effects. I tried installing Pr 19 but the same issue. Tried proxies too!
I THINK ITS A WINDOWS 11 ISSUE!

NOTE: Installed WINDOWS 10 and now everything works fine!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! Having the EXACT same problem. Appreciate you sharing the video. 

My project is exhibiting that same odd behavior with the UI, where it either doesn't respond, responds after a significant delay, or responds incorrectly to my interaction with it.

This morning my computer restarted for scheduled updates. One of those updates was updating it from Windows 10 to Windows 11.

After the restart I openned a project which I started on this same computer a few months ago. It was working fine for a few hours and then began having those issues you described. I restarted the computer and reopenned the project, but the issues have continued. 

Next I will try starting a new project and pulling elements in from this old one. (I theorize that this may solve the issue since the old project was begun on Windows 10). If that doesn't work I will try reseting preferences as suggested above.

I'll jump back on here and let you all know how it goes.

Here are my software/hardware specs:

Computer Information:
Device name CRS21221
Full device name CRS21221.COLS.LOC
Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900 2.40 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB (63.7 GB usable)
Device ID 027B3B15-F74C-4ADC-99CE-A5C477E229A8
Product ID 00331-20350-00000-AA897
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Premiere Information:
Version 24.1.0 (Build 85)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE: I pulled the assets into a brand new project and everything works perfectly! Didn't have to reset preferences or anything like that. Hope that helps anyone else struggling with this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines