• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG - Dynamic Link Window Pop-up not appearing

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to Import an After Effects Composition into a Premiere Project by going into File > Adobe Dynamic Link > Import After Effects Composition, no window appears and Premiere freezes, making the windows chime sound when I try to click anything. If I press Alt+F4, I can continue using Premiere, which indicates that the pop-up window is opening somewhere but I can't access it. I'm using a secondary screen so that might have been the trigger of the problem, but now even when I'm not using the second screen I still can't find the window.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

I found the solution here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/dynamic-link-window-missing/m-p/9041212#M78684

Rename these Adobe folders to solve the issue. You may have to use Resource Monitor to close all of the Adobe processes or use another windows sign-in account to rename them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it the same if you switch to another workspace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First try our professional advice if it not work you can try this

1. Please add your pc spec like 

Ram , processor and graphic card details 

2. I have found a similar forum 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/adobe-dynamic-link-keeps-loading-and-freezes...

I

They mentioned that updating graphic card driver fixed their issue so give it a try 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see how adding my specs could help solve the issue. In any case, I've made sure my drivers are up to date, but the problem still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• For example people might run adobe in low end pc or some time pc that are not supported by adobe so what many experts here ask the spec and so i asked you to add it. Since premiere pro is freezing , i suspected that it might be issue with pc so i requested or asked you to add spec details. Hope now its clear for you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the solution here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/dynamic-link-window-missing/m-p/9041212#M786...

Rename these Adobe folders to solve the issue. You may have to use Resource Monitor to close all of the Adobe processes or use another windows sign-in account to rename them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines