Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug: Optical Flow and M1 Max

Contributor ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having a consistent bug in which optical flow on clips renders improperly on my M1 Max Macbook Pro. This occurs on both .mp4 and ProRes clips during timeline renders and exports. This bug appears to have been around for some time. Unless fixed, I cannot use my M1 machine on commercial projects.

M1 Max, 64GB memory

Version 22.0.0 (Build 169)

Thanks!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Hello @rlr29711 and community,

A product manager has marked this bug as fixed in Premiere Pro 22.3. Please update to 22.3 or later to be free of this issue.

Thanks to @rlr29711 and the others on this thread for providing the info needed to reproduce the issue for the product team, which has led to a fix.

Cheers,
Kevin

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
26 Comments
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having tihs exact same problem and its driving me nuts. Adobe neet to sort this problem out ASAP> There is a workaround I believe and thtas to export it VBR 2 pass. Seems to work okay for me. Not ideal as its adds time but come on Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Creates really jerky curropt video.

Premeire 22.1.2

Apple M1 Max 

64 GB

It completely cancels out me using Premeire M chip version! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me with the lasted Macbookpro M1 max.

I'm experiencing glitches on my exports on almost each clip I used optical flow.

A real bumer 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Don't have an M1 but have had issues with Optical flow before.

A work around for me was to nest the clip(s) I was using Optical flow on. Using Optical flow inside of the nest not on the nest.

A shot in the dark, but doesn't hurt to try?

PO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I am a professional editor and understand the limitations of Optical Flow and its implementation, and how to get it to work properly. This is a rendering error with M1 Macs and Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rlr and community,

Sorry about this issue. We need to get the product team's attention to this issue. Therefore, to increase my ability to advocate for a fix on your behalf, could you help me by upvoting this bug? Do so by clicking the upvote counter in the upper-left of this post.

My colleague Summet has already filed on this issue internally.

Much Appreciated,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here on a Mac Mini M1. I have to send projects to my iMac Pro for a final export.

Version 22.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has everyone tried switching from Hardware to Software encoding? Not saying this as a permanent fix, just to see if either mode provides a different experience or if they result in the same corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for calling attention to this bug, speed effects are a core tool in an editors arsenal. 

This bug also appears when I batch render to Media Encoder, even if I'm running in Rosetta, meaning I cannot batch export. Another frustrating problem, as I often have numerous delivarables, cutdowns and spec requirements for distribution channels, slowing down my workflow quite a bit and impacting my ability to hit deadlines in a timely manner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experince doing software encoding only or 2nd pass encoding ; it doesn't work. It turns out all my atempts exporting with media encoder didn't work.

The only real solution for me was to boot Premier using Rosetta, but it turns out that even using rosetta I had other weird gltich (some of my 4k footages (R5 422 CLOG)  used to pixelate SO THEN I descided to do a clean instal of my mac OS and réinstal Abobe cloud software without using my Timemachine back up from my previews i9 macbook pro 2020 = seems to fix all my issue with Optical Flow in rosetta mode so far ! and mith NeatVideo denoiser pluging as well.

It turns out that using my timemachine of an intel Mac on a sillicon Mac isn't a good way to start using a Mac M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an update on this bug affecting core functionality in the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I'm one of Premiere Pro's product managers and this issue definitely has our attention. It's a bug we can reproduce and it is one we have logged. I do not yet have an ETA for when it will be fixed but when I do, I will share it with you. 

My apologies that this issue has gone unaddressed for so long. 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this fixed? I'm getting weird artifacts in my exports as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet! Mine is still doing it. You have to use Intel Prmeire and export directly from Premeire. If I use Media Encoder to queue it will still have curropt video. Despite using Intel Premiere 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

This issue should be fixed in the latest beta of Premiere Pro and will be included in the next release version of Premiere Pro. Information about how to use Creative Cloud beta applications is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-beta.html. The summary of that article is that:

1. Beta apps are available from the "Beta Apps" section of the Creative Cloud Desktop app. 

2. Beta apps are designed to be installed alongside release apps - it's completely safe to have both installed. However...

3. Beta apps are unfinished and should not be relied upon for critical work.  

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where can I download the beta version and test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just used Beta. You're right! This issue is now gone in Beta! Thank you so much! Looking forward to the pPro release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess for the OP the solution might have been fixed with Beta, but the issue I'm having with interlaced exports is still happening in the Beta. The only fix was using an Intel based mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott, 

We are aware of the interlaced export issue too. It's being worked on but is not yet in the beta. 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven, 

Are you exporting to a local hard drive or to a network attached storage device? 

Thanks,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this resolved in the 22.3 update? I don't see it in the release notes for known issue or fixed issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is. I'm also interpreting your comment as "Hey, Adobe, you should do a better job listing that bugs are fixed" 🙂 

If so, I agree and it's something I'm looking into. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here I had a look and didn't see it. Nor is there anything about random currito frames on exporting normal footage with M1 systems.

Woukd be nice to have a more thorough list 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing and thanks. Looking forward to testing it!

Votes

Translate

Translate