• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Buying Premier Pro without subscription

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in an environment where I don't have internet for the CC version and DO not want the commitment of the extremely expensive subscription service that ADOBE want people to use.

Where can I buy this program (even if its a little older) on the old school method of a DVD / CD with activation key with no further requirement to maintain a internet connection on the PC that the program will be used on.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Problem solved,

Cyber link provided the exact information and programs in a single payment with no further payments and from what I see, is only slightly less powerful than the much more expensive ADOBE product.

Thanks everyone for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search for "Adobe Premiere Pro CS6."

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4+ years old so not likely to find in a box at a retailer

Link to buy CS6 via telephone http://www.adobe.com/products/cs6.html read all the way to the bottom

According to what I read in a forum message, Mac newer than 10.7 must subscribe to the Cloud instead of CS6... and someone with Win10 must also subscribe to the Cloud since CS6 is not compatible (meaning the sales person will ask your operating system and will not sell you CS6 if it won't run on your computer... I don't know if that means only Win7 and you may not buy if you have Win8)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS6 and Win10 and works great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is good to hear. Please how can I get CS6 to use on my windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is not sold today... BEWARE of buying on ebay or other auctions sites, there are many real looking fakes that contain malware to steal your information and send it to hackers who will clean out your bank account

This will run on Win10 - Elements http://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html

Also - beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
https://community.adobe.com/t5/community-help/avoid-phishing-3-easy-ways-to-identify-adobe-staff/td-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search in ADOBE for CS6 only provided tutorials and help files.

CS6                   

Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Help (PDF)

Learn Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 video tutorials

CS5/CS5.5                   

Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 & CS5.5 Help (PDF)

Learn Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 &CS5.5 video tutorials

Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 & CS5.5 Troubleshooting (PDF)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this is all common knowledge, I just need a DIRECT answer to the question

I work in an environment where I don't have internet for the CC version and DO not want the commitment of the extremely expensive subscription service that ADOBE want people to use.

Where can I buy this program (even if its a little older) on the old school method of a DVD / CD with activation key with no further requirement to maintain a internet connection on the PC that the program will be used on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John's post gave you your answer:

Let’s be honest: Some software upgrades are necessary, and others are just nice to have. Upgrading from Creative Suite 6 to Adobe Creative Cloud falls into the first category: It’s essential.

CS6 is almost four years old, and Adobe has no plans to update it. Ever. In contrast, Creative Cloud features all the latest creative software, including more than 500 features that have been added since 2012. Want the latest version of Photoshop or Illustrator? You need to join to Creative Cloud.

Yes, you can still buy CS6 products by calling an Adobe call center, but why would you? The features in Creative Cloud will take your creativity further, with more ways to create, collaborate, and share.  To purchase by phone, call 800-585-0774.

I do believe that is still possible, give it a try.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, thanks

ADOBE still think everyone in every country has easy access to the internet, the cloud is useless in the middle of a desert or in the middle of the Indian ocean at the current cost of satellite communications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point in time, I do believe that CS6 would be a waste of money.  I believe you can solve the Internet issue, but for the same cost as CS6, you can get the subscription for 3+ years.

If you really just don't want to go down this road, you're better off using the free version of Resolve and Fusion than buying CS6.  Hitfilm would also be a better deal, where the current version is a one time $400.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, thanks, will look at this option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the others have stated, you're stuck between a rock and a hard place. The last perpetually-owned version of Premiere Pro was CS6, which is now EOL and will no longer be updated with new features or even support for newer OSes - a total waste of money, given that it still costs more money ($800-ish) than three years worth of subscriptions to CC (@ $19.95 per month on a single-app membership). CC, on the other hand, does require Internet access - if not continuously, then at least once every 30 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rjl,

Cheers, money is not the issue. connectivity is the issue and the commitment of having to pay subscription fees is the other issue.

Conversation with adobe confirmed this but they still refused to state how to buy.

after 40 minutes I finally got this out of them..

ADOBE chat: (name deleted) I have checked with my team and I would like to inform you that we have standalone product for Premier pro.

(name deleted): You will still  require Internet connection for one time to activate the product and after this you can easily use the product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC does require Internet access at least once every 30 days.

That can be extended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved,

Cyber link provided the exact information and programs in a single payment with no further payments and from what I see, is only slightly less powerful than the much more expensive ADOBE product.

Thanks everyone for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in that group also that would prefer perpetual licenses. Unfortunately, while Adobe will still sell you CS6 or lower, last I saw they ridiculously overpriced  CS6 no  doubt in order to move people toward Creative Cloud. The CC versions do download and install on your machine, just make sure you keep up your monthly or yearly payment.

Creative Cloud and the steady updates you get are nice, but personally, if I have the money to get a CS6 or 5.5 or something I would still buy it and register it so in the case of unfortunate financial problems I would still have a perpetual copy of Creative suite to work with in the meantime.

The only thing about CC that bugs is that Encore was not brought up with it. I understand the Author Core that was the cornerstone for that app was bought up and discontinued, but surely Adobe has the developers necessary to continue on with Encore or even create a brand new DVD-authoring software. Contrary to the official statements Adobe has put out an ample amount of people still desire DVD medium. They might be older-aged, middle-aged or something but the demand for DVDs is very much alive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update –

It's no longer available; it looks like DRD got the last copy:

Adobe Just Stopped Selling Creative Suite 6 Entirely – Here’s Why

And Jim above is right – for annual subscribers to CC (which are the vast majority of members), you only need to be connected to revalidate the software online once every 3-4 months:

Internet connectivity, offline grace period, and reminders | Adobe CC apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GIMP is free.  Support open software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But GIMP/Glimpse is not a video NLE.

On the other hand, Lightworks, which has been used for some mainstream Hollywood productions, is a very capable NLE. It runs on all three platforms (so if you ever decide to go to Linux and have the quality of MacOS without the price or hardware lock in, you'll be ready 🙂

Lightworks is available on a perpetual license (the license is a little disconcerting in that it's tied to a piece of haredware, but if your hardware dies, experience shows they will actually let you fix that).

By default it checks in via the internet at intervals, but there's a mechanism specifically for avoiding that, so after uploading a machine-identity kinda file and downloading the resulting license, you're good to go. Permanently.

I will say that I find editing in this tool really easy and intuitive too.

see lwks dot com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, and has a free trial that does almost everything (indefinitely) but with restricted output formats. For anyone wanting to create 720p output to youtube, you're golden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines