• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Buzz when adding audio transition... ever again...

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Premiere Pro CC 2019 I have the same bug I see in the forums dating back to 2013. It's an intermittent buzzing on audio playback when placing audio transitions between two audio clips. Same problem occurs whatever crossfade transition I use: Constant Gain, Constant Power or Exponential Fade. Sometimes it disappears when closing and reopening the application. The problem seems to be more acute when placing several audio transitions on the same track.

And the noise is present when exporting.

I'm surprised this recurrent problem has not been solved after 6 years... Or do I miss something in the process ?

Of course I could crossfading out and in at every transition but it's a long process.

Thanks for any help. I have to finish an editing before the end of the week.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a common problem.  Not any more.

You're using the current version 13.0.3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes 13.0.03. ( and paid...)

I still have on my Mac and old demonstration version I don't use any more (CC 2017). Could it interfere ?Premiere.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, versions don't affect each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noting that I am experiencing the same problem as outlined in the thread below.

Premiere Pro 13.1.2 Audio Fade Noise

I've received no word from Adobe on how this issue is being addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked on the bug system for this? Go to this link, and search for it, as that's where you would find most other postings on such a problem and potential engineer's responses ...

Adobe UserVoice Bug /Feature form: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

R. Neil Haugen, thanks for your response.

I can confirm based on the link you provided and a search there that this problem has been reported and noted for years across versions of Premiere Pro and months of the current versions (CC 2019).

I have not seen any posts from Adobe addressing this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is something that has been "fixed" for certain causes at various times. And keeps re-emerging.

I hope you filed or added on a 'vote' on another bug there. Please do so if you haven't, as Adobe lives on metrics, and those filings produce metrics for the upper managers who view collated lists of issues.

And then post a link back here, so the rest of us can go pile onto the issue. And maybe get enough traction to get this behavior completely killed, not just partially killed.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening forever on and off. When it happens it's usually on a per-project basis. I don't know why it happens sometimes and not others.

Fix1: Deleting the .pek files occasionally makes it go away.

Fix2: The only real "fix" though is to make sure your timelines are the same sample rate etc.  as the source media, and then (if needed) you can change sample rate on export. Now if you have mixed sources and this occurs, well then.... happy re-transcoding all of your audio. (and then probably re-syncing, etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to version 14.5 and just encountering this for the first time. Very frustrating if this is a long-known issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

This solution worked for us.

1. Create an empty new project.

2. File > Import. Import entire project where you had problems with buzzing and crackling audio transitions in Premiere Pro.

3. Drag the sequence where you had problems into your new projects timeline. It will show up as nested sequence. Enter it and copy all clips from it (Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C).

4. Exit back onto the main timeline and delete the nested sequence from the timeline. 

5. Paste the clips copied in step 3 onto the timeline.

Your problems with audio transitions in Premiere should now be gone and the audio transitions should work perfectly again. 

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've found this is often a good fix for many of the recurring issues of Premier Pro - Not ideal though, we've been using the software since the beginning of the CC and issue like this are simply not being solved by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines