• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

C70 XFAVC .MXF Flicker in Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There appears to be a software bug that has been recently introduced that causes .MXF footage to flicker in the Source monitor, Timeline playback, and in even in the exported file. It seems to be an issue related only to MXF files coming from the C70.

It almost seems like it's enabling/disabling a lumetri color effect even when no effect is applied and is very random across clips with the only constant appearling to be that the affected clips are all .MXF files. Any other codecs are unaffected. Project files older than a week or two ago seem to have no issues.

I will be transcoding all raw footage into ProRes upon ingest untill this issue is resolved.  

See attached video files as an example. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Currently on version 23.0 and zero flicker problems with MXF footage direct from memory media

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specs: 

Premiere Pro CC 2022 version 22.5

Windows 10

Ryzen 7 3800X

RTX 2070 Super with latest Studio Driver

64GB Corsair DDR4 3600MT/s RAM 

Editing over 10GB Asus ethernet card to Synology Rackstation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specs: 

Premiere Pro CC 2022 version 22.5

2021 MacBook Pro, Apple M1 Max, 64gb ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you think its a bug in the software post there:

Premiere Pro: user voice – Adobe video & audio apps

Upload a short original clip to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Rolling back to 22.4 seems to have fixed the flickering issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had flickering/strobe issues with .MXF files out of a Sony Fx6. Spefically, cinetone footage was flickering but Slog3 footage was fine. Rolling back to 22.4 fixed my issues as well, thanks for posting! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this issue as well, but before I join the dark side (da vinci resolve) how do I roll back to 22.4. This is really an awful bug that makes depending on premiere a gamble. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud App 2.PNGCreative Cloud App 1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ghostframes I messed up posting the screengrabs, but start with your Creative Cloud Desktop App (the bottom screenshot), go to Premeire Pro, select the three dots on the far right to bring up the dropdown menu. Select Other Versions and that will bring up the menu to select what version of Premiere you want to install (top screenshot).

Hope that helps 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so so much! I was absolutely terrified that all of my footage had flickering issues. Heart was in my mouth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've exprienced exaclty this too. Really hope for a solution soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing the same problem with C70 XF-AVC files and latest PP version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try rolling your version of PP back to 22.4 and see if that solves your issue. Been working well for me and my editor for over two weeks now. Zero flicker. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact issue for me with S-Cinetone, MXF footage from a Sony FX6. My rig is an Intel i9 1200K, 64GB RAM, 3080ti, Windows 11. Got a call from a former colleague this morning and he is also having the same issue with footage from FX6. I am going to roll back to 22.4 as suggested by others and will report what happens... already done and it did solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, you do try to be a video editing platform, right? Why would you not test updates with current codecs before you release? DaVinci is looking better and better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issues with XF605 footage too - footage plays out in VLC just fine but flickers like mad in PP. 

Rolling back versions now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today's Update fixed it. Unfortunately, I was struggling for 2 hours made sensless transcodings and had lead conversations with the camera operator about that. Such Talks raise the monthly fee for that subscription. Adobe, please take more care of your customers if you want to be professional, before you meet the same impact as on the stock ;-). It's paid!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew.

2 things I would very much like to run past you, if you don't mind?

Firstly, would this maybe account for a new 'flickering' almost as if a frame is getting dropped at regular intervals - when I run a frame rate conversion process from 25fps to 24fps (it also triggers if I sue 23.976fps) that in the past always used to  give me flicker free output?

Secondly - using ProRes may not work on PC, as ProRes on PC seems to get wrapped as MXF. Maybe I should try a MOV wrapper?

Any thoughts would be wonderful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

two solutions for this that I've used successfully:  select clips in bin/project, right click and choose modify: interpret footage and choose color management and if the media color space is anything other then rec 709, enable color space over ride and set to rec 709.     This not only fixed this issue with the camera original, it also fixed the issue with already created proxies...  I think Kevin Monahan suggested this (but don't really remember)

And if that doesn't work (which has happened once or twice) change the file extension from .mxf to .mpg. This was suggested by Ann Bens..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing to .mpg fixed it (for now. I'm confident Adobe will find some way to break this workaround in the future).

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think adobe is doing this on purpose?  I understand your frustration, but formats are constantly changing, the way cameras handle media is constantly changing...  computer hardware is constantly changing...   When I have a problem, I post the issue here and I usually get a solution...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem in the last 2 of a recurring edit (I think the camera guy upgraded his Sony to a new CANON, EOS C70).

During last month's edit, I noticed I didn't have the issue when there was a text layer over the footage, so I put a text layer with spaces (so it appeared empty) on the top track and that fixed it.

Sadly, my fix isn't working this time. I'm running:

Mac Pro (2019)

3.3 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon W

256 GB 2933 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32 GB

OS Monterey 12.3.1

Premiere 22.5

My assistant editor is running the same version of Premiere on a Mac Studio with no issues.

Looking at your sample, I'm dealing with the same issue. Looks like a LUT or Lumetri being toggled on and off at random.

I so love paying to beta test adobe products. It's so much better than getting a fully tested and ready for Prime Time version once every year or two. Yep. Totes my fave. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently on version 23.0 and zero flicker problems with MXF footage direct from memory media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might help some of the people experiencing the issue if you told us whether you're on a mac or windows...   I did see less problems on a windows machine when I updated to 23.0.    Unfortunatley, my mac's too old to update....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is a windows build. Specs in the first reply under the orignal post. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines