C70 XFAVC .MXF Flicker in Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There appears to be a software bug that has been recently introduced that causes .MXF footage to flicker in the Source monitor, Timeline playback, and in even in the exported file. It seems to be an issue related only to MXF files coming from the C70.

It almost seems like it's enabling/disabling a lumetri color effect even when no effect is applied and is very random across clips with the only constant appearling to be that the affected clips are all .MXF files. Any other codecs are unaffected. Project files older than a week or two ago seem to have no issues.

I will be transcoding all raw footage into ProRes upon ingest untill this issue is resolved.  

See attached video files as an example. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specs: 

Premiere Pro CC 2022 version 22.5

Windows 10

Ryzen 7 3800X

RTX 2070 Super with latest Studio Driver

64GB Corsair DDR4 3600MT/s RAM 

Editing over 10GB Asus ethernet card to Synology Rackstation

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specs: 

Premiere Pro CC 2022 version 22.5

2021 MacBook Pro, Apple M1 Max, 64gb ram

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you think its a bug in the software post there:

Premiere Pro: user voice – Adobe video & audio apps

Upload a short original clip to test.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Rolling back to 22.4 seems to have fixed the flickering issue

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had flickering/strobe issues with .MXF files out of a Sony Fx6. Spefically, cinetone footage was flickering but Slog3 footage was fine. Rolling back to 22.4 fixed my issues as well, thanks for posting! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this issue as well, but before I join the dark side (da vinci resolve) how do I roll back to 22.4. This is really an awful bug that makes depending on premiere a gamble. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud App 2.PNGCreative Cloud App 1.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ghostframes I messed up posting the screengrabs, but start with your Creative Cloud Desktop App (the bottom screenshot), go to Premeire Pro, select the three dots on the far right to bring up the dropdown menu. Select Other Versions and that will bring up the menu to select what version of Premiere you want to install (top screenshot).

Hope that helps 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've exprienced exaclty this too. Really hope for a solution soon.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing the same problem with C70 XF-AVC files and latest PP version. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try rolling your version of PP back to 22.4 and see if that solves your issue. Been working well for me and my editor for over two weeks now. Zero flicker. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines