• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can existing subtitles be spotted by Premiere?

New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
In the latest version of Adobe, you can have subtitles transcribed relatively well with the help of artificial intelligence. Does anyone know whether you can also feed in an already existing text and Premiere will do the spotting for you?

Thanks for any infos on this subject 🙂

TOPICS
Editing , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Fabian,

Welcome to the community! It is possible to import captions to your timeline. Here are the supported formats. Let us know if this is what you're looking for.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fabian,

By "do the spotting for you," I think you are asking if PR will decide where the imported text will be placed. The answer is no, not currently. This has been requested as a new feature by a number of users, but I can't find them in the Ideas forum.

Here is one:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-ideas/option-to-overwrite-transcript-with-user-script-pr...

See my post here for more information:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/transcribe-but-use-my-script/m-p/13789908#M4...

There are some discussions in the Beta forum.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines