• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can I copy metadata field from one clip to the multiple clips quickly

Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I remember correctly, in fcp7 you could select a description or label or whatever in a bin and hit copy and then select multiple clips and paste the description or label or whatever to all the selected clips.  Can't seem to figure out if this is possible in premiere 15.    It's possible I'm having a senior moment.    Is this something you do in the metadata panel?  

Figured it out...  I decided to dig in to the premiere manual (such as it is) before posting the question.  The version I have was last updated in 2019...

And when I searched for "metadata" I saw references to the metadata panel.  But no help.

but I decided to investigate the metadata panel.  Couldn't do it for premiere pro project metadata, but found I could do it for "dynamic media" and can choose to display that field in my bin.   I searched that in the manual and and found it had something to do with xmp metadata.  I'm guessing that's stored somewhere external to the premiere project?  

and if there's a way to do what I originally asked,,,  let me know

thanks as always

TOPICS
Editing , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

crashed again, but no work lost.  so I'm guessing the xmp metadata is written to the files rather than the premiere project.

When I look at the files in the browser, the date modified has changed (but not that of the proxies).  

Wondering what impact "enable clip and xmp metadata linking" in preferences: media has on this.  I have it turned off because I discovered that premiere was modifying my media files all the time and I use carbon copy cloner to update a  clone of my media drive so all t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and just batch renamed the tape name field in another bin... and premiere crashed.  which although I'm using an underpowered 2012 macbookpro, rarely happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

crashed again, but no work lost.  so I'm guessing the xmp metadata is written to the files rather than the premiere project.

When I look at the files in the browser, the date modified has changed (but not that of the proxies).  

Wondering what impact "enable clip and xmp metadata linking" in preferences: media has on this.  I have it turned off because I discovered that premiere was modifying my media files all the time and I use carbon copy cloner to update a  clone of my media drive so all the media would need to be copied again.  Not a pretty picture...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines