• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can i view the distortion computed by warp stabilization, or transfer it to another clip?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

executive summary: i would like to view the parameters for the distortion that warp stabilization applies to a given frame, and then copy that single-frame distortion effect over to another frame (of another clip that hasn't been warp stabilized).  i'd also like to know if i can copy the whole stabilization effect as a sequence of distortion keyframes of some kind, but i don't have an explicit use case for that, i'm mostly just curious.

my specific use case is this: i film a lot of dance and also have to edit dance footage taken by other.  this footage involves a lot of dynamic camera movement and occasional shakiness or mistakes.  sometimes i want to apply warp stabilization to only a small segment of a clip, to fix a filming tic without warping unrelated motion elsewhere.

what i've been doing is cutting around the bit i want to stabilize using the perspective distortion mode, and then applying the corner pin effect to the un-warped clips to line them up with the warped clip at the cut point(s).  this is very tedious, and after doing it a few times, i'm hoping someone can enlighten me about a better way—in my mind, ideally, i could just "transfer" the perspective (or even subspace) warp for the first/last B frames to the A and C clips, and things will just line up.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alas but would be a nice feature request:

Premiere Pro: user voice – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines