• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can multicam be displayed on monitor 2 and selected camera in Program monitor?

Contributor ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started using CC 2018, having upgraded from CS 5.5.  I have two monitors on my computer.  I want to have the multi cam display show up on monitor 2, but have my selected camera appear in the program monitor on monitor 1 (where the software displays).  Right now, I have the multi cam display appearing on both monitor 2 and monitor 1's program monitor.  I hope this question is clear.  I apologize if it has been answered before but I couldn't figure out how to phrase the question to bring up the answer in a search.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

OK, I have better insight into this now.  I had "transmit multi camera view" selected.  And I had the "toggle multi camera view" icon selected.  But I didn't also have "show multi camera preview monitor" selected.  Now that I do, I see both the multi camera screen and the selected camera image side by side on my second monitor.  Now I can work with this!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multicam editing is done exclusively in the Program Monitor, so no this is not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so, in the program monitor , disable " show multi camera in preview monitor" and open a reference monitor, then move it to a seperate window, click the "gang to program" or something, and bam! you have one screen with your timeline or what not, and the multicamera window, while a whole screen is now with the refernce monitor, showing you the project. enjoy! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I have better insight into this now.  I had "transmit multi camera view" selected.  And I had the "toggle multi camera view" icon selected.  But I didn't also have "show multi camera preview monitor" selected.  Now that I do, I see both the multi camera screen and the selected camera image side by side on my second monitor.  Now I can work with this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find anyway to have them in seperate monitors because I have three monitors and it feels weird that I would have to reduce both my images to have them in one when they could be full screen in seperate monitors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines