• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can no longer confirm caption text edits with numpad Enter

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the 23.1 update, pressing the numpad Enter no longer does anything after editing caption text. I either have to click out of it or press Esc, which is not very intuitive. Is this a bug or has it been purposely changed to something else? Thanks.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mattzaliar,

I just looked at similar behaviors in PR 2021 (the first version with the new caption workflow) and PR 2023.1 (and the Beta).

I don't think either Enter key (main board or numpad) worked that way. If you are entering/editing caption text and press either one, it adds a return (new line).

Have you assigned it differently?

When you press Esc, it takes you out of edit mode, but leaves you in the caption text box in the Program Monitor.

I get a little carried away when I start looking at such things. For my latest adventure, and a method for editing with keyboard shortcuts, see this:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/editing-subtitles/m-p/13464567#M447651

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captions.jpg

This is the area I do my caption editing in. I always pressed the numpad Enter to finalise the edit. Pressing it now doesn't add a new line, only using the Return key does that. Maybe you're referring to a different editing section, such as the caption on the video itself? There, the numpad Enter does add a line (Ctrl + Return finalises there, but that doesn't work in the left-hand section either - only Tab and Esc as far as I can tell. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

matt, thanks yes, I see now. As I said, I was focused elsewhere!

I cannot test in 2023.0; I am at 2023.1. But the behavior is as you describe in PR 2021 and PR 2022.

But, similar to the description of the issues in the Program Monitor, how do you then go to another item? The Numpad Enter key (previously) just does what the Escape key does (intuitive or not).

In any event, it has changed, and I don't know if it was for a reason or a bug. You can remap it, but my attempt was not successful in overcoming its regular function.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just double click into the text element when I need to edit it. I don't always need to go into each one as I'm just making edits to the transcribed text when it's incorrect. It's just that I have been using the numpad Enter for several years to do this, and now all of a sudden it doesn't work, and it's throwing me off and slowing me down in my work. Is there a way to assign a key to the action? I didn't see anything that seemed like you could in the list of keyboard assignments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

matt,

A familiar workflow is worth a lot!

Your main workaround is the escape key?

I looked previously, and the only option that looked appealing was "Deselect All" - but it deletes the caption!

I just looked in the reference guide and searched for Select, Select next, and Go To options. Nothing that worked.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/keyboard-shortcuts.html

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines