• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can no longer install Premiere CC 2015 from Creative Cloud.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

So I am working on a feature film that is completely in the Premiere version:

• "Adobe Premiere Pro CC v10.4, Good Buddy"
  • 2015.4 Release (should be the most up to date verison of CC 2015)
  • 10.4.0 (30) Build

I have had it installed for awhile, but I needed to a complete re-install of creative cloud and adobe apps, and now the only versions available from the other/previous versions option (which I guess has recently changed locations in the interface) are:

• CC (2017) - 11.4
  • CC - 7.0
  • CS6 - 6.0

I have checked the "Show Older Apps" option in the Preferences.

Any direction of where I can re-install CC 2015 -10.4 would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Unfortunately, Premiere Pro CC 2014, 2015 and 2017 versions up to 11.1.2 are no longer available from Adobe in any form due to the inclusion of the AC3 decoder and encoder, whose intellectual property was licensed by Dolby from some unnamed third-party company who is in litigation with all parties that were involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Premiere Pro CC 2014, 2015 and 2017 versions up to 11.1.2 are no longer available from Adobe in any form due to the inclusion of the AC3 decoder and encoder, whose intellectual property was licensed by Dolby from some unnamed third-party company who is in litigation with all parties that were involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heard rumblings about this, but I didn't realize what it would actually affect. Thank you for the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kuddlesnot,

I'm really sorry for asking, but out of curiosity: what prevents you from using the current Premiere version?

Kind Regards,
Maurice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would reconsider your need for a complete reinstall, use a system backup to revert before that point, and try to solve the issues you had another way. Yes, may not be possible, but you won't get 2015 through adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I guess that's my next step. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been working on a feature film that has been in editing for over half a year. We selected 2015.4 10.4 because it was the most up-to-date and stable version (I believe 2017 had just come out) at the time, and planned to stay in that version until the film was completed.

Updating the project file to 2018 or 2017 leads to a lot of issues - literally the timeline/sequence will not be the same as before. So it is an unacceptable option to update the project to the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines