• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not burn Bluray Discs? Error

Contributor ,
Jul 19, 2012 Jul 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to CS5.5 to CS6. I have never had this problem before. I keep trying to burn a Bluray using Encore CS6, however, i keep getting this maessage after the program tries to burn the Disc: "Bluray Error: "device error", Code: "3", Note "CreateStcSequence:Fail to write M2S file""

Encore will burn the 8.22gb of 8.49gb to disc and then display the aove message. I keep burning coasters, Grrr! How can I resolve this? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Build to an image; then select the burn image option in imgburn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did this and it works great!!!  it was difficult finding the correct place to download imgburn, but once i found it i was good to go.

thanks for the help and hopefully adobe will fix this soon!

for others out there, i went here to get img burn

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

and downloaded the mirror 7 link. it works great, i build the project from encore to image then select the image in the folder it was saved by choosing the burn image to disk command in imgburn.

tested it on 2 different bluray players and works like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad this worked for you but Adobe needs to fix this issue. We all buy the newsest versions of their products to take advantage of improvements and enhancements not bugs and software which does not function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2012 Dec 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this trouble. This is a bit dissappointing. I am going to try the disk image/imgburn method as a work around but Adobe needs to address this in update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2012 Dec 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to version 5 of Encore. Once I did this it worked fine. You are correct it is dissapointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem in Encore CS6: Device Error, Code 3, CreateStuSequence, Fail to write M2S file.

I just burned 3 coasters. A week ago, I burned several Blu-ray discs from the same project, no problem. So burner and discs are fine.

I just made some minor tweeks to the menus in the project, nothing that would cause this.

These are videos of live band performances, so audio quality is very important. Thus, I don't want to go Image File --> Toast for burning, because of limited audio options in Toast.

Has this problem been fixed yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to go Image File --> Toast for burning, because of limited audio options in Toast.

The image file (.iso) has all the details fixed in it. All toast is doing is burning the formatted image onto the disk. I don't think it can mess that  up. Give it a try and let us know.

Can you build to an image?

I have heard no updates on the status of this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the CS6 upgrade, restarted my Mac Pro, tried again.

This time I got a Code 6 error, rather than a Code 3 error. Man.

Yes, I have been able to build an image. I am doing this right now, so I'll see if this is still working.

If you are correct about Toast (which certainly makes sense, I agree), then I am happy going Image File --> Toast.

The last time I tried it, I thought I was forced to select an audio format in Toast, but maybe I failed to tell Toast not to transcode.

I will give it a go tonight, and ask for help if I get in trouble.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last time I tried it, I thought I was forced to select an audio format in Toast, but maybe I failed to tell Toast not to transcode.

I do not know toast, but when other users have described their experience I have assumed that there is a function in toast to take an image file (iso) and burn that as a DVD/BD image to disk. You should not be prompted under those conditions.

Can anyone educate us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my audio sounded great, i kept the original wav files that were recorded straight from the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify for elbi's issue, I assume you used pcm and not dolby for the image you  built from Encore. But you used imgburn and not toast, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I created a disc image file with Encore CS6. Then I updated Toast 11 Titanium with the latest update.

Then I opened Toast, set it up to create a Blu-ray disc, dragged the image file onto Toast, and got the message:

"DK_Stewart_10_20_12.iso is in an unsupported format and cannot be imported."

(Also, I looked at the Toast settings and I found no way to tell Toast that the file is an image file and should not be transcoded. I did find on the Encoding tab that I can set to "Never transcode".)

I am obviously doing something wrong. Can anybody tell me what I need to do so Toast will accept the .iso file?

...............................................................................................

Mac Pro dual quad, Mountain Lion 10.8.1, latest Toast 11 Titanium update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try menu -> copy -> image file. then navigae to your iso file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan,

Sorry for the newbie questions, but I only use Toast to burn data discs.

I don't find Menu in any of the dropdowns across the top.

The closest thing I find is Utilities --> Mount Disc Image. I'm not sure what this is used for.

But I don't find Menu-->Copy-->Image File.

I'm sure it is right in front of me..........where am I missing it?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I've found it. I had to open "Copy" window, rather than "Video" window. That does it, and it simply copies w/o any transcoding.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent! Thanks for reporting the "how to" for Toast!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I have been having this problem a lot lately with Encore CS6, and have made countless coasters.  Even burning an image from Disk Utility failed.  However, my particular problem seems to have been resolved.  It turns out that I only experience the problems when I encode to blu ray settings that aren't just the basic presets.  Even if I don't increase the bit rate or number of passes but choose maximum render quality, that results in an instant coaster.  But if I just apply the default blu ray settings and don't modify anything, everything works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. New to the forums. From a quick scan across the posts it seems this question remains unanswered and I too have the same issue. I get the error code 3, "Fail to write M2S file." Now, I got this error the second I started to write to disc. However after Live Chat with Adobe (for the 4th time on this issue) we tried simply using dynamic link instead of media encoder (even though I was previously advised NOT to use dynamic link from another Adobe staff on a previous project's problems) and that solved the issue. The disc burned. Great.

Now this was last night. Today I loaded the project again, added in menus which weren't in the test disc, re-burned and again, the error message came up, only this time it didn't happen instantly, it came up at around 7Gb into the burn out of 8.31Gb. So I am confused. Currently as I type I am again in Live Chat with an Adobe staff member and we are trying to burn to folder as "there is a known issue when burning to Blu-ray". I will update when I get a result. I have to say I am far from impressed at the level and variety of bugs in this so-called professional and expensive software. I am starting a video business and if I continue getting bugs over the coming weeks then I will seriously consider looking at a refund and buying something else. But I want to give these guys a proper chance to sort this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Burn bluray as an image file. Its in the drop down menu on the build tab.

Then use img burn to burn the bluray.

It will burn your menus and everything.

Sent from my iphone

Wilky Black

Hayzen's Productions

www.hayzensproductions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only working solution I have found so far is to export my porjects from Premiere Pro as Mpeg2 for DVD or H.264 for Bluray and then build my projects in Encore and then set Encore to burn my projects as a DVD or Bluray images and then burn the disc using CyberLink Power2Go. Since I have adobted this workflow I haven't had any issues. I still wish I could use the dynamic link option and save myself a view extra steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2013 Oct 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I now just burn to disc image, and then import the image back into Encore and burn to disc from there. Works great, but why on Earth do I have to do it this way? Why can't I just burn to disc straight away instead of going through the image route? And why does dynamic link fail so much? Is Adobe working on them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Burning the blu ray image and burning in Imgburn worked for me.  I dont see adobe fixing this anytime soon since they dont support blu-ray anymore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the same exact problem i'm still reading hoping to find a fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same error ("Bluray Error: "device error", Code: "3", Note "CreateStcSequence:Fail to write M2S file"") with burning Blu-rays in Encore CS6  and I know for a fact that its not a hardware problem, I have burnt several Blu-rays using the same disc and Burner from Encore in the past week.  The only thing that I am doing differently,  is importing two mpeg2 video files into Encore and adding them to one timeline. I'm not interested in a work around (burning Blu-ray image, unless Adobe wants to flip the bill and purchase Toast for me!!!! Please help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put the videos on separate timelines. You are likely to have a very small gap in the audio or video where the files join.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines