• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not group clips

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like there should be a really obvious answer to this, but I can't find one.

I can't get grouping of clips to work.

I select multiple clips, hit Command + G

I know it's grouping them on some level because if I select the Clips dropdown the option is now "Ungroup"

However, having them grouped doesn't seem to do anything.

I believe I should be able to select and move one and the other grouped clip(s) will also select and move, but this isn't happening! I select one after grouping, and only the one gets selected, and if I move it, only that clips moves.

It's making me crazy!

Is there anything obvious that could be causing my clips to not link??

I've tried audio + video clips, audio+audio, video+video clips. Tried grouping 2 clips and tried with large groups as well.

Nothing works!

Also not sure about the difference between Link and Group, but have tried Link as well for any combination of clips I can think of, and nothing works at all.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Toggle on Linked Selection by clicking this button (it will turn blue when on) to get the timeline to respect clip linking and grouping status.

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 7.58.05 PM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Toggle on Linked Selection by clicking this button (it will turn blue when on) to get the timeline to respect clip linking and grouping status.

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 7.58.05 PM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable... I knew it was something incredibly simple. Surprised I couldn't find this answer anywhere else, but thank you MTD!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank yoU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can group clips together on the timeline but you wont see anything happening until you move one of the clips.

If you want to have some sort of reference change the label color of those grouped clips.

Same goes for linking and unlinking video and audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines