• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not open Premiere at all, says installed but there is no file on the computer

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded Premiere for the first time. Photoshop works just fine, and has an icon on my desktop that I can click on and access the app on my 2020 Windows Acer with 16 GB ram. Premiere says it is downloaded on creative cloud but there is no icon on my desktop. When I click OPEN in creative cloud it does nothing. No error. Nothing. I can click on photoshop and it opens however. I've tried uninstalling multiple times, I've tried downloading an older version, I've restarted my computer. None of these steps have worked. This is the first time I'm trying to open the app. I've tried to find the process in task manager to end that and try opening again. There is no task to be force closed. It is as if Premiere is just not on the computer even though Creative Cloud says it is. I'm usually pretty good with this stuff, but today I'm at a loss. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share more of your system info? Like OS and version, CPU, GPU vRAM, Pr version? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Home

Acer Nitro x64

intel i7 2.60ghz

16gb ram

premiere version 15.4.1

Photoshop works fine (glitches occasionally, but if I change the visibility on a layer it'll fix it) 
Premiere does not open at all

I got the icon to show on my wife's side of the computer, but not mine. When we click the icon it gives us an error saying 

"The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP110.ddl was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

I uninstalled everything. Photoshop, creative cloud. It said Creative Cloud has uninstalled with errors. *with* errors. No specifics on *what* errors. Reinstalled everything. Still once again, Premiere will not open and does not show an icon to be opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a windows issue; install The latest supported Visual C++ downloads 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines