Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Can Pr Export Videos in 120fps?

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recorded some videos via gopro in 120fps, and edited them with Pr. Now I want to export them in 120fps. Is there any way to do that? I am not aiming to achieve some slow motion effects. I just had my videos recorded under some high-speed cirumstances, so a high fps would be necessary.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019
120fps is so popular with the gaming community and GoPro enthusiasts! There are two main ways (that I am familiar with), to export 120fps out of Premiere:1. EXPORT AS AN H.265 FILE: While this isn't the only codec, but it is a newer codec that can maintain the quality of your footage quite well. H.265 can even go much, much higher! Try 300fps! So, it really is based on the codec's ability to handle 120fps. Choose a higher quality H.265. I believe Youtube has limited H.265 uploading capabilities ...

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the reasoning for wanting to export 120fps - you can't view it at 120fps

Thanks

Jeff

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

for example you can import them in another project and run them in slow motion there again. 

and, theoretically, you could watch them in their native fps on a 120 / 144 Hz monitor, which looks suuuuuper smooth. (gamers know what i mean... 😉 )

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

120fps is so popular with the gaming community and GoPro enthusiasts! There are two main ways (that I am familiar with), to export 120fps out of Premiere:

1. EXPORT AS AN H.265 FILE: While this isn't the only codec, but it is a newer codec that can maintain the quality of your footage quite well. H.265 can even go much, much higher! Try 300fps! So, it really is based on the codec's ability to handle 120fps. Choose a higher quality H.265. I believe Youtube has limited H.265 uploading capabilities for some and not others as they were testing this feature (but someone please correct me here). Vimeo can handle H.265 perfectly. Overall, 120fps editing and export out of Premiere is possible. You can also take your high-quality H.265 to some other app for re-encoding.

2. EXPORT AS XML: This method allows you to export your native timeline into a program like DAVINCI (FREE) to process the 120fps footage.

FRAME.jpg

I almost forgot, to edit in Premiere with a 120fps timeline, just import a 120fps clip and CREATE A NEW SEQUENCE FROM CLIP. I usually drag the clip into the NEW ITEM button at the bottom of your PROJECT PANEL. Others may have other techniques but this works for me!

FRAME2.jpg

Hope this helps!

Note: Playback might be an issue depending on the configuration of your machine, software, etc.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines