• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can someone explain me what's happening here? My footage blurred and not clear.

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://youtu.be/WaeorgkYAZE

Hello, i have pixel art gameplay video which is screen record. The resolution of this video is 3584x1868. And i'm changing this to 1280x720. It looks like ~900x720 but don't mind it. I've put color matte both side. And than, i've zoomed extremely the characters for fill the canvas. I've tried to show you on Youtube.

After all this progress, as you can see, my footage is pretty blurred and not clear. But somehow, when i make the clip "replace with after effects composition" and turn back premier (litteraly not touch anything), my footage is looking extremely quality and clear. And of course my renders too.

Now here is my questions: What happening in here? This is actually what i want. Am i need to do this all the time? Why i can't provide this quality view with only Premier? Where am i doing mistake?

I've added my premier pro and after affects default settings screenshots. 

I would be glad if you share your knowledge and guide me.

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Hello Kevin,

Today i was planning to a complete screen record to show my problem but i solved it myself. The problem is caused becuase i select the "scale to frame size". When i didn't select it, everything is looking good and what i want. I think, when i select the "replace with after effects composition", the After effects ignore this "scale to frame size" option in Premier. Therefore everythings looks good. 

Thank you for care. I'm done. If your understand what exactly i meant, you can define i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Okan5CA7,

Sorry about that. Check the Settings menu (the Wrench) in the Program Monitor. Check out the quality settings for Playback Resolution and Paused Resolution. Perhaps they are not optimal. Let us know what they say.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for caring my problem. Of course i can say. The both quality settings are setted as "Full". Not 1/2, 1/4 etc. If you need more info, just let me know please. I can share all with you. 

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, in the Youtube video, i'm only making click a clip and select "replace with after effects composition". And than i'm litteraly not doing anything. Just turn back to Premier and seeing my footage more quality. In the video, i tried to show a lot of times before-after.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is High-Quality Playback enabled in the Settings menu (the Wrench)?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin,

Today i was planning to a complete screen record to show my problem but i solved it myself. The problem is caused becuase i select the "scale to frame size". When i didn't select it, everything is looking good and what i want. I think, when i select the "replace with after effects composition", the After effects ignore this "scale to frame size" option in Premier. Therefore everythings looks good. 

Thank you for care. I'm done. If your understand what exactly i meant, you can define it so i can select your comments "true answer". I'm saying this because of community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okan, thanks for responding! Glad you got the problem solved.

I always find this confusing. As you found, when you use "scale to frame size" and then scale up, the quality falls apart.

Here's a tutorial on "scale to frame size" versus "set to frame size."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUerZGzktPo

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much. Now i understand the differences between of them :))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you sorted it out, Okan. Hope your solution helps others.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I hope it helps people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines