• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't add photos to Premiere Pro CC2019

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I want to add an imported photo (jpg or png ) to the timeline, I can't drop it there; the small hand with the not allowed icon appears.  I reinstalled Premiere pro several times, but without luck.
Knipsel.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Well, I wiped everything, formatted my hard drive, did a new Windows 10  and CC2019 installation and now everything is working fine. I know it's not the right solution because it's very time consuming, but the problem can be marked as solved.
The strange thing was that some sample images which were included in some Premiere tutorial Projects did show up correctly, so I think the problem might have been codec related or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you drag/dropping from the Project panel to the timeline ... there on the right in your image?

Are up to the monitor above the project panel?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried importing in different ways: using the lower left media browser, using the import media-option in the top level menu bar, but without luck.
I've also installed other programs like Pinnacle Studio 22, Vegas 15 Pro. Is it possible they aere interfering with own codecs or what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the image open in the Source Monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, it shows a weird black screen as in the screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into Ps and resave or export to png or psd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that as well. Tried both options, but didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK time for some computer specs and Pr build.

Can you upload the image for testing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I wiped everything, formatted my hard drive, did a new Windows 10  and CC2019 installation and now everything is working fine. I know it's not the right solution because it's very time consuming, but the problem can be marked as solved.
The strange thing was that some sample images which were included in some Premiere tutorial Projects did show up correctly, so I think the problem might have been codec related or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just crazy. 
"Well, I wiped everything, formatted my hard drive, did a new Windows 10  and CC2019 installation and now everything is working fine" ??

Is there not an easier solution than that? I refuse to reinstall my computer. I'm in the middle of a production, and something as simple as putting a .png in the timeline has already cost me 2 days. 

any other Ideas? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did the png come from? Can you recreate it or resave it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all the files came from the same place. HD D:

as a wild card measure, I saved the project in a different folder and it worked. 

there are few big files in the Queue, so I will not be able to test it again (to make sure it works) for a while.

this just happen suddnly, I mean, it worked at the same conditions just fine, and I couldn't find any change I've made to cause this. 

I guess if there was some indication in the GUI, something that points out the problem, like wrong format, frame rate, whatever, instead of just the grey "no no" sign.. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OKAY THIS SOLVES EVERYONES ISSUES LOL

make sure your timeline and document isnt in frames instead of seconds. i kept making the duration of my photo 10frames thinking it was 10 seconds. very stupid mistake but its one of those, that u dont even think of! when its imported, right click> speed/duration> change number

hope this helped in any way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hope this solves everyones issues* im not that confident !:D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU! This worked for me, ive been stuck on this for over a week. Thank you friend. I changed it from seconds to 5 frames in Preferances > timeline > still image duration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had the same problem as you, to solve it I adjusted the item of the attached image to the same frame rate as the sequence.
Sorry for the Italian version. Hope it works for you too.

Pref.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suddenly had this issue come up for no apparent reason, and doing this in preferences worked.

Also, I had to add ".jpg" to the file names, or they were grey and I could not select them in the import window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines