Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't adjust audio volume in timeline

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

No matter what I do, I can't seem to adjust the volume of any clip within the timeline without adjusting it in the effects window, which is very cumbersome. Any thoughts on what could be going on? I've closed and reopened Premiere multiple times. It also doesn't matter what project it is, a new one or a previously created one.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

I just updated the OS to the version that just came out today or yesterday, and it looks like I can move keyframes and the levels around just fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to see the keyframe envelope (the line going across) on the clip? Or is it just the waveform?

If you don't see the keyframe line, make sure you have the audio track(s) vertically zoomed in enough that it shows up, and if it still doesn't show up, check your Timeline Display Settings and make sure Audio Keyframes are toggled on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phillip, yes I can see the keyframe envelope and audio keyframes are toggled on.

I can grab the line and create keyframes, but once I click and drag on either, the mouse disappears and I can't move the line nor a keyframe. I should note that this occurs on the video layer as well.

I recently updated my OS (I'm on Mac Monterey 12.5), and I'm on the most recent version of Premiere (22.5.0 (build 62)).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just updated the OS to the version that just came out today or yesterday, and it looks like I can move keyframes and the levels around just fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines