Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't attach proxies

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm doing some video editing for my company, but I work remote from our corporate office. Our video producer sent me a premiere file and the proxies of all the original footage, but not the raw footage itself since it's so massive. I am trying to attach the proxies to the offline raw footage so I can edit the video and send it back for the producer to re-attach the raw files for export. But when I attach the proxies, I can't preview them still, and I have the toggle proxy activated and enabled in the preferences. 

Do I need access to the raw files or should I be able to preview the proxies despite the originals being offline?

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , How to , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the producer sent you a project file with original footage "offlined" and proxy attached when you open the project you should be prompted to locate the proxies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The proxies were sent separatly if that makes a difference, there was no prompt to locate the proxies, only the original footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should be able to work with the proxies while the originals/raw are offline. Perhaps your system is not liking the proxies. If you start a new project on your system and import the proxies as media are you able to play them? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines