Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't create text in Adobe Premiere

Explorer ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

after the last updates, my Premeire Pro can't create any text. If I click with the right button/New Item/ the Title option don't appear, the shortcut (command + T) is not working as well.

Right now I'm having to create a png in Photoshop or an Adjustment Layer in Premeire and replace it in with an After Effects comp.

I don't know what is happening, I already had headaches trying to understand what happend. Reinstall the software didn't change a thing.

The config of the machine:

iMac - OS X El Capitan

Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphic: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

All help is welcome, tks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

The old Title Tool is available in the menu File > New > Legacy Title.

New graphics functionality has been added in the Essential Graphics Panel:

Adobe Premiere Pro Help | Essential Graphics Panel

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old Title Tool is available in the menu File > New > Legacy Title.

New graphics functionality has been added in the Essential Graphics Panel:

Adobe Premiere Pro Help | Essential Graphics Panel

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thank you for your aswer. I never heard about this new panel.

I'm studing it and a new world opening for me .

Next time I'll have to read what's new before I press update.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

latest updates -----!!! can't create a stupid graphic and Titles workspace doesnt do anything...angry customer here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File/New/Legacy Titles brings up the old titler panel. You can create a custom workspace for it as I did so it's quick to access again. Also, if you go into the Keyboard shortcuts preferences, though the old Ctrl-T has been re-used, you could set File/New/Legacy Titler to Shift-T for a quick keyboard shorts access.

The new EGP works in a  very different way. Some of things it can do are very nifty, and they say they will have more features for it out in a release sometime later, maybe this fall. It really needs some explanation to see how it works. I recommend James Strawn's video tutorial first ... he's actually one of the engineers and has come on this forum several times recently to help with users and the EGP...

Essential Graphics in Premiere Pro CC 2017.1.1 on Vimeo

Also, the folks at reTooled ...

reTooled.net – After Effects & Premiere Pro – April 2017- The Essential Graphics Panel in Depth

And ...

The NEW Essential Graphics Panel in Premiere Pro CC 2017 (Spring Update) - YouTube

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't create any Titles or credits in Adobe Premiere, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and rebootion and nothing works. Nothing at all works with the text in Adobe premiere. I have a state of the art system

Core i9 - NVDIA GeForce RTX 2080 - 64 GB DDR4 RAM - 480 GB SSD + 1TB - Liquid Cooling. Why is this happining?

Ever since I upgraded My Premiere titles are all blocked? I can see then but they don't work.

I am certified in using Permiere and the crap don't work. Can one of you tech guru's in Adobe help me  please.!!!

I am a loyal customer since 2017 I rent your entire suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't create any Titles or credits in Adobe Premiere, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and rebootion and nothing works.

By @Digital_Reality

I can create text here, so start here: FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere

Trashing the Preferences do most of the time solve strange issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines