• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't drag files and sequences within Premere project panel

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About once a week my Premiere prohibits me from dragging files and sequences into bins within the Premiere project panel, or dragging files from the project panel to the timeline. Re-starting and resetting preferences seems to fix it, but this is now happening consistently and is quite annoying. 

Does anyone know how to prevent this?

I'm running Premiere 23.3.0 (build 61) on an M1 Macbook Pro running OSX 13.3.1

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

I reset my preferences earlier and it has been fixed for now, but I'll take screen capture next time it happens and reply back to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is your source patching configured?

Patching source sequences in Premiere Pro (adobe.com)

This controls taking picture and/or sound when we add source footage to the Timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Track 1 for both audio and video is selected. But really the issue is more about organizing sequences and files into bins in the project panel by dragging and dropping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite odd, Alex. If you can provide a screen movie of the issue, perhaps we can reproduce it here. I hope we can help resolve the issue for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset my preferences earlier and it has been fixed for now, but I'll take screen capture next time it happens and reply back to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin -- This started happening again and I made a screen capture of this issue. Can you tell me a non-public place to send this video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kevin-Monahan This started happening again and I made a screen capture of this issue. Can you tell me a non-public place to send this video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try DropBox, Google Drive, or Creative Cloud, then share the link with me via PM. I hope that helps. @Alex24317748qmqd 

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines