• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't drop clip into timeline, can't move clips in the timeline

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v 14.0 is broken! I can't drag/insert clips from my project panel onto the timeline. It just gives me the cirle with a slash icon everytime I try. Both video and audio tracks are active (blue squares highlighting each track). Right-clicking on the clip in the project panel and then selecting "insert" from pop-up menu works, but then I cannot move the clip. It's stuck at on the point where I insert it and I cannot move it at all. This pretty much makes Premiere Pro un-usable. Help!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the tracks locked? Look for the padlock icon in the timeline panel header/control block.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. No, the tracks are not locked. Thanks though! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this same problem as well. Hotkeys were not working and the application was severely gimped.

I found a temporary solve, and it may help if you follow these steps.

I found that this only happened when opening projects/productions from the Welcome/Home screen. I thought it looked wonky and broken when I saw it after the update. So just close that screen and manually go to File > Open to open your project/production and it SHOULD work. This worked for me. All my hotkeys worked, and I was able to edit normally as I usually do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, that seems to work! Thanks! I still hope Adobe fixes the issue though. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm.. this happens only with V14.5 not V14, the new update have a bug with floating panels where you can't drag and drop or move anything. Are you sure your version is 14?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sorry, it's v 14.5.0 (build 51)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have V14,0 and It is doing the same problem.  Working normally and suddenly denies moving clips.  I have to close and restart program (several times), until it restarts moving clips. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If 14.0:

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clean-delete-or-trash-media-cache-files/td-p/....

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem. for some reason it was the microphone that is plugged into my soundblaster PCI card. Once I turned that off in PrPro Preferences, I'm good to go. But that is such a wierd bug, hopefully Adobe is looking into it. Thanks Peru Bob for your help!

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, just found my mistake.  Be careful with "A1" at timeline, must be disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this issue, James. I have passed this on to the team. Hopefully, a fix will arrive soon.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the answer in another post.  Have to check carefuly that "source patching for inserts and overwrite" function is off, seems that it turns ON EASILY when you just touch the mouse over it ..... and that disbles moving  clips ..... Learning Premiere Pro .... thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll definitely look into this, I'm taking a certiport test with this version and I couldn't figure it out.

Where do you find this setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The very far left of the Timeline panel's control header block ... hover over the charcoal or blue blocks there, this pops up.

Source Patching.PNG

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines