• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't edit the transcription on 15.4.1

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I transcribe the audio and it's generated, I can change the speaker, but when I try to fix the transcription on the paragraphs it won't select it, there is no blue box around it allowing me to edit it (like everone else does in the tutorials making it look so easy!) but this is not happening on my. Can anyone help please it's so frustarating and wasting so much time, as I've shut the laptop, reinstalled the software and still getting this issue. I can search for a work and replace it, that does work but I can freely select and edit the tanscription which is what I need to do. Is this an 15.4.1 bug? I'm on the mac OS 11.6. 

2.7 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, 

8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

early 2015

Thanks 

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Effects and Titles , Freeze or hang , How to , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm Win10, but I think this should be working for you. This is the behavior I see.

Text (Captions) Panel, Transcript Tab. If you left click once on the text of a transcript paragraph, it highlights that word in blue (blue background behind white text). I cannot edit that word or change the selection. If I double click on the paragraph text, it puts a blue box around the paragraph and I can then select sections of text, edit, etc.

Did you try double clicking? Not very intuitive....

If that's not it, can you post a screenshot?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, and while in the Transcript window, the scroll bar is stuck at the bottom.  I, too, cannot select any word, or paragraph to edit.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem over here. I can generate the transcript but once it's done I cannot check it because the scroll bar is jammed at the bottom of the window. If you disable auto scrolling, this stops BUT the words are no longer highlighted as you playback the video. 

On top of this - when I go to generate captions from this transcript, it generates an empty captions layer.

Unfortunate to see this new tool already broken. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues here - scroll bar is jammed at the bottom so I've disabled it and I can't edit the transcript. It's just not clickable. Restarted but not solved it. I am also not getting words highlighted when I play through. 

I am going to fall back on my go to which is to upload the video to Facebook Via the creator studio and download the vtt file it creates!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the only idea I have is to make sure you don't have anything entered in the search field in the text panel when you're using the caption workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, same issue here. Super frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To everyone in this thread: @SportStir @petef99123534 @EmJC @lauraRRC 

I cannot get this to happen in 15.4.1 (final version of PR 2021). I CAN get it to happen in the release version of PR 2022. Please check to see what version you are running.

See this thread for the workaround if you are running PR 2022:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/adobe-premiere-pro-22-captions/m-p/12479853#...

In that thread, the symptom focuses on the incorrect transcript timecode and it not creating captions. But it also results in this scrolling problem.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Turns out all you need to do is set an in point. (and disable auto scrolling)

Start from the beginning or re transcribe. I can now edit transcript and create captions from there.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me after not being able to edit the transcript.  I cleared my in and out points, then re-transcribed.  Then the transcription panel then worked as expected.  What seemed to be giving me the locked transcription is when I set an in and out point and transcribe only to the in and out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As expected, since this problem was fixed by Beta 21.1.1 Build 7, this is fixed in the Release version 21.1.1 (build 72).

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old thread but in the hope of heping someone else...I closed all other panels and it then let me edit the transcript. So odd this happened to me today but have never happened before. Evrytime I clicked on the paragraph it just took me to the source window. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still facing this problem on mac m1 with premier epro 23.1 . Any solutions for me? Obviously I already tried everything mentioned here in the chat..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried running the rosetta version of Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can i check on which version i am running premiere? Slightly overwhelmed with this question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I am currently running my mac on ventura and it seems like they have deleted the option to open apps on rosetta mode. See Screenshot. I know it is in german but you can see that there is no option to select for the rosetta mode. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

never simple is it?  I'm guessing it's possible to run rosetta in ventura but since my only experience with rosetta was on a first generation m1 macbookpro running bigsur I don't know the specifics...  I did find this with a quick google

https://www.macworld.com/article/338843/how-to-force-a-native-m1-mac-app-to-run-as-an-intel-app-inst...

If this allows you to run the intel version, please let us know... and if that solves your caption issue, also let us know.    That's what this board is all about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but this article could not help me. Opening premiere pro via the creative cloud apllication lets me switch to the intel version. Tried to transcript with and without in out/stops and also with disabled auto scrolling. Still not function. Guess I cannot profit from this feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear God I have found the solution by randomly clicking every space on the premiere workspace. I can edit the text when double clicking on the ranscript in the essential graphics panel: see screenshoot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting your solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zishome,

Glad you got things working.

I'll just note that I'm confused by what problem you were having. This is an old thread about a bug, solved in a previous version, where the TRANSCRIPT was not accessible for editing. Your screenshot shows CAPTIONS as your issue. You should be able to edit captions in the Text panel by double clicking on the text, or in the Program Monitor by double clicking there. If you double click on the text of a caption in the EGP, it puts you in editing mode in the Program Monitor.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stan seems to be indicating that you just didn't understand the proper workflow...  Don't take this the wrong way because Premiere is a very deep and complex program and all the options are not always intuitive and frankly, Premiere's documentation isn't always clear... at least to me.   Sometimes following a video tutorial closely can reveal where you're missing a key piece of info...   This usually solves a pesky issue for me.    Linkedin Learning has great sets of comprehensive tutorial sets.  Gaining access to it is not cheap, but can be worth an occasional month's subscription...  And of course, there are many useful tutorials both on Adobe's site and on youtube.  Of course, winnowing thru all the possibilities on youtube can be frustrating til you find a trustworthy source..  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines