• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't export to media encoder since updating to 2022

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe has launched their line of 2022 products I can't export anything from Premier Pro 2022 and After Affects 2022. I've updated all my apps and still nothing.

Premier Pro hangs on loading into Media Encoder. Doesn't crash just sits on loading. Trying to render in Premier Pro does the same just hangs on the loading bar.
After Effects crashes my computer after trying to load into Media Encoder.

Now this morning all my files can't be located in Premier Pro and when I go to locate them the software crashes.

Running an AMD 5600x , GTX 1070, 16gm Ram again had no issues with this hardware last week. Checked firewall status and everything is okay and got two IT people to double check.

Please somebody help me.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Sorry Dane, 

Please check this FAQ.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME - nothing works ... i know this is premire pro group -but after effects cant render either ... 

Roll this back asap - update just doeenst work ... 

Angry clients !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

d.a.,

Please check this FAQ.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Dane, 

Please check this FAQ.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Had to uninstall 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After struggling yesterday with multiple failed handoff attempts from AEto ME, I came up with a workaround.

In my current position I do most of my editing within after effects; I thought it odd too when I started; but these are graphic heavy TV ads and it's actually just as practical to do things all within AE except the occassional 'support' work in Premeire and/or Audition.

I know many here have sited a hand-off issue to ME from Premiere, but pretty sure this technique will work for Premeire too... similar to importing a Premiere timeline into AE. First of all I kept all my 2021 versions of apps for 'meltdowns' like this. I uninstalled ME2022. I now manually drag and drop my AE project file (aep) into ME 2021.

In the main Queue window of ME21, I drag the aep file. Kind of strange, but you have to 'preselect' ME by touching the queue window and then not 'selecting' the finder window or any other app windows. I have the finder window open with the project file I need to the side and drag to queue. There's also a 'drop zone' you have to hover over to queue, The lower left portion of Queue window will highlight and allow drop. [The lower right has a 'seam function' I hadn't heard of before that might become useful].

I tried this several weeks ago (drag aep file) and ME just seemed to be spinning its wheels. It takes a while through Dynamic link for the project to open! Right before it starts to work properly, dragged file name and icon kind of 'ricochet' back to finder window... think that's when I bailed out first time I tried direct drag and drop. I also created a 'reduced' version of project file to ease handoff. Eventually you will see an 'outline' of project and folders; I navigate to my desired folder, comp and apply my presets for render. For the most part seems to work well, have had a couple I had to restart. Working like a crazed man today and using AE while ME chugs.

As I said I'm guessing if you drag in a Premiere project you will eventually see project folder structure, and you can navigate to desired timeline you need to render. Does seem a little finnecky if I have a monster project open in AE as I'm trying to multitask.

Would love to experiment with PR import and do a few screengrabs for demo... but racing some deadlines; just thought this may help some of you put out fires.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had exactly the same problem.

This was the fix

Go to file> project settings general>

Change your video playback & render from GPU to software 

Select OK

This fixed the immidiate crashing when trying to render.

Go back into the same area and change it back to GPU render 

Still fixed 

Good Luck 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome!
Thanks William, going to give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.  It's actually FILE > Production Settings.  Thanks Williamb!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked. !!!! Thanks for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got Media Encoder to stop crashing by swithing the RENDERER to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only.  Not sure if this will help anyone else but when I changed this...everything has been running smoothly now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted on this in December with a workaround in handing off projects from AE21 (after uninstalling AE22) because I was unable to handoff renders from AE22 to ME22. We since have reinstalled AE22 and this is a no longer a problem after I researched and people responded to my post with the suggestion of changing the renderer from 'GPU Acceleration (Recommended)' to 'Software Only'

This may be related to a recent discovery in my efforts to learn Blender. There you are given the preferences option to have your graphics card assist in rendering. I guess an iMac would not/does not (?) have a 'stand alone' graphics card capable of this render assist because neither my work nor my personal iMacs allow me to take advantage of GPU rendering.

I'm wondering if Adobe should change the 'recommendation' if this is why so many of us had problems. Or at least guide people to the 'recommended' most suitable to their hartdware

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 10.28.07 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That still doesn't help with how long (sometimes infity I gather) it takes to import the AE file into ME.  Also, I didn't intent to reply to you. So sorry for that.  I was intending to reply to Kevin and his link to the FAQ. 🙂  I did try your suggestion of switching the renderer.  Aaaaand it locked up again just the same.  So didn't help me.  I blame Adobe.  I'm running a 2021 Macbook Pro with M1 MAX and 64gb.  So I don't think it is my hardware. And the onyl issues I have is with Media Encoder.  So... yeah.  It's Adobe's fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines