• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't figure out how to not overwrite a clip when inserting into timeline

Engaged ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've watched a bunch of videos and still can't figure it out. I tried unselecting everything on the left (v1-v5, a1-a4) and it still always overwrites m v3 clip. How can I get a clip in my paste buffer to land on a level of my timeline that I want.  Here's a short video.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have to select only one of them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They changed the DEFAULT paste result in 22.5:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/whats-new/2022-5.html#paste-same-track

The change adds a keyboard shortcut to paste to the targeted track, but it is unassigned.

Or to go back to the "old" way, just delete the shortcuts in the Panel -> Timeline seciton of the Keyboard customization: "Paste Insert To Same Track" -> Ctrl+Shift+V and Paste [Overwrite] To Same Track -> Ctrl+V.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here´s the solution. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines