• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't figure out what format I exported to and need some help.

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I exported a video/music file from Premiere Pro that had rather exceptional audio quality, and need to export more videos in the same format. However, I cannot seem to for the life of me for whatever reason figure out exactly which export parameters I was using that resulted in this file. If someone could please direct me as to which format I was using I would very very much appreciate it. Here are the specs:

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 5.42.34 PM.png

I've managed to export more .m4a files with the H.264 Blu-ray format option, but so far despite me checking the audio box and the sequence itself having fine working unmuted audio, all of these videos have had no audio at all play for the entire length of the video when I've opened them. 

I did open the original .m4a file with Apple TV shortly after having produced it, and believe it may have been a different extension originally that was converted to .m4a by the app, but it's just a theory.

Thank you!!

TOPICS
Audio , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sorry .m4v is what I meant!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some more clarifying information on the original file:

Properties says Video Codec Type: MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you need a specific file format for online, Bluray, TV etc?

How will you use your exports?

You mention m4v files - are these a requirement?

If you are using the Bluray export preset to get m4v then your audio will be exported as a separate .wav file. That's why you can't hear the audio in your exported m4v file - it's just vision only. You should have a .wav file in the same location as the m4v.

If you don't need Bluray ...

To start try selecting H.264 under the format pulldown in the 'Export' window when you export from Premiere Pro.

Then under the 'Preset' pull down menu make a choice based on what you are exporting for.

Going with the 'Preset' default of 'match settings, high bitrate' is a good start. Or something like the YouTube 1080p FullHD preset which is even higher quality.

Either of these will give high quality audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines