• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import 4K video to Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 4K video that I want to edit but I can't drag and drop or import the video. The video itself is an mp4 file but when I try to import it I get an error message that says "File uses unsupported video compression type av01". Can anyone help?

TOPICS
Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a particularly heavily compressed format that Pr doesn't accept. You would need to transcode to something it will work with in say ShutterEncoder or Handbrake.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard of Handbrake. Is there a a way to convert to an compatible format without quality loss?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Between Handbrake and ShutterEncoder you should be able to convert without any noticeable loss of quality. ShutterEncoder has a much newer, easier to use interface actually.

But if transcoded at high Q bitrates you should not see any loss for a couple generations. In Handbrake, for instance, use a "near placebo" setting for compression.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines