• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install v22 on iMac Pro?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with other editors in my communityyyy and I found out today that v22 won't install on myy iMac Pro

What?   Not Pro enough?  Anyone else see this.

And my letter y key is not working on this forum!

DOH.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you ever updated the macOS? v22 now requires macOS 10.15.x (Catalina) or newer just to even install at all. Your iMac Pro might still be running macOS 10.14.x (Mojave), which is why v22 won't install at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right...looks like Catalina is the issue....and Catalina has not been behaving well with others in myy communityy.

I hate to be forced to upgrade an OS for a small version increase.  Especially Mac these days. And what's worse is that there is no way to save back a version out of Premier.  I wish they could make that happen.  We all know it is probably tied to Essential Graphics which I never use.

Too bloated I suppose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

first, I strongly suggest you create a bootable clone of your imac so you can revert to your current setup which is apparently working for you. I use CarbonCopyCloner, and it's worth every penny

https://bombich.com/

and once you've done you're clone, you can do an incremental backup which usually just takes a few minutes.

Jeez, maybe I should get a commision from them?  I've been accused of being an adobe apologist, so why not just sell out completely....

I've got a 2012 macbookpro at home and I recently updated to Catalina so I could update CC.  Haven't seen any issues (I did update my clone before updating OS).  Haven't done any heavy lifting in premiere since updating but... I was suddenly seeing Lumetri scopes again which had disappeared in the Premiere 2020 I think...

And there are techniques for altering a premiere project so it will open in previous versions.  Just do some searching here...  and if you can't find it, post back and I'll dig it up.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines