Can't link media in Premiere Pro CC

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with the latest build of Premiere Pro CC (as of this date). I have several MP4 files in my Project window, all with embedded audio. When I drag a file onto the Timeline, audio and video should come in linked. In fact, Premiere Pro claims they ARE linked, but they are not. They select independently and I can slide them left and right independently. I say that "Premiere Pro claims they ARE linked" because when I right-click on either the audio of video, UNLINK comes up in the menu. Link Media is grayed out. If I click UNLINK, nothing changes ... they still select and move independently. If I had clicked UNLINK, the next time I right-click LINK appear in the menu as a choice. If I click that, nothing changes again. In other words, there seems to my nothing that I can do to link audio and video in this program. However, if I manually select both audio and video, they will move and delete together, but I still can't make a CUT that affects both tracks. With both selected, if I execute a CUT, only the track I hovered over cuts. If I need to cut both tracks, I need to cut twice, locating the pointer appropriately before each cut. This problem adds unnecessary work to my workflow.

I am an experienced Premiere Pro user (since 2001) and I have never had this issue before. However, this is a new computer for me, and the first one for me with an AMD processor. I built it in January I spared no expense to make it extremely fast and powerful. I am thinking I might have a bad Premiere Pro build, but deleting and reinstalling it is a profound nuisance, so I thought to ask for help first. Does anybody have an idea what might be causing this issue?

Thanks,

Lanny

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16 Code, 32 Thread

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090

Memory: 32 GB

OS: Window 10 Pro 64-bit  Version 21H2  Build 19044.1586

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

linked selection.jpg

Check this setting in the timeline.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines