• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't move audio to a different track

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dragged a bunch of files to a timeline in Premiere (22.3.0) and the audio for one of the files is landing on audio track 9 and cannot be moved. It has 2 channels (I wasn't the camera op, but its shot on a Sony FS7) but I've tried turning off channel 2, and I still can't move it. I only need the audio for sync, but I don't want to leave it floating off in No Man's Land, where I'm sure it will eventually cause problems. I just need to be able to move it back to track 1. 

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interprete the audio to ch1 and see if you can move it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to what Ann said. You can see in your picture that you have a different audio channel configuration on this clip compared to the rest of your tracks. Premiere is picky about audio like that. You can't mix track types.

PhillipHarvey_0-1650921333672.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, in case anyone else comes across this problem, here are the steps I took to solve it...

In the Project window I right clicked the file and went to Modify --> Audio Channels

I changed the Clip Channel Format to Mono

I created a new sequence from that clip

From the new sequence I copied the clip and pasted it into my original timeline

Maybe there's a quicker way, but this worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As the Mandalorian would say... This is the way.

You wouldn't necessarily have to create a new sequence from the clip. But you would have to reintroduce that clip from the Project Panel to the Timeline (it does not automatically change the audio type for the clip in the timeline.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines