• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open Premiere Pro b/c of permission issue

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to open Premiere Pro 23 on my MacBook and initially denied access to Documents b/c I didn't see the need for access (very sorry I did this now!). I'm stuck in a loop where it keeps sending me to Preferences to allow access. My preferences DO allow access. I've tried relaunching holding down the option key but it did not help. I rebooted and held down option. Still stuck. Help! 

Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 1.05.06 PM.png

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Sorry, that's System Preferences > Accessibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Sorry about the issue. Could you try granting Premiere Pro full disk access? Here's how. Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice, Ishan. Unfortunately this did not work. I was able to give Premiere Pro full disk access but I get the same error message. I can't seem to clear the startup settings I used the first time I launched yesterday no matter what I do. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted my computer, double checked permissions - even tried an earlier version of Premiere to no avail. I get the same error. I'm at my wits end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear about that. Could you create a new user administrator account and try again? Here's how: https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mtusr001/12.0/mac/12.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for helping, Ishan. I've got it working now. I misread the intent of the instruction. I went through accessibility when enabling files and folders (System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Accessibility), I should have gone through privacy (System Preferences > Security > Files & Folders). I found advice here and helped see the error of my ways. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that's System Preferences > Accessibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad that your issue is fixed! Feel free to reach out to us for further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines