• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't prevent audio tracks from loading

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have mono sound in my video clips.  However, when I import a clip, 4 audio tracks get used.  I don't want to tie up 4 tracks for a mono recording. (I am using Premiere Pro CC 2022).  The Help Menu has a solution to this under "Audio Channels Mapping In Premiere Pro".  Under the screen shot of Clip>Modify>Audio,

the instructions say:

"In the Audio Channels pane of the Modify Clip dialog box, do any of the following:

• Select a format from the Channel Format list.

• To enable or disable an audio channel, select or deselect the Enable option for a source channel. When you add a clip to a sequence, Premiere Pro adds only the enabled channels to a Timeline panel."

This "Enable Option" would appear to do just what I want, but nowhere is there any indication how to find the Enable Option or how to activate it.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you open up the > Modify > Audio Channels there will be a bunch of check boxes under the heading Media Source Channel. Turn off the 'tick's' in the boxes you don't want audio for ... that's what they mean by disabling (or Un-enable Option)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, using the Modify> Audio Channels works, and it can even be done to multiple clips at once by selecting them all.  But importing clips is usually done one at a time, and that means modifying one at a time.  Imagine the extra work involved doing this over the life of the camera that offers these extra tracks.  I contacted Panasonic, and they said they can't do anything, it's Adobe's problem.  I'm surprised that this hasn't been addressed before, because this isn't the first camera I have had that automatically offered over four to eight audio tracks with each video clip imported.  Surely no one but a huge audiophile or a major film studio wants all these audio tracks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this option:

mono source.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines