• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't render video. Getting "Error compiling movie".

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to render a video I've been working on for two days, and whenever I press "Sequence"->"Render In and Out" I get an error saying:

Yonatan22200930ov8f_0-1656025951937.png

I obviuosly can't keep going and I need to export and give the customer this video as soon as I can.

I have more than enough storage, and a high-end PC that never gave me trouble editing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

It's actually wrong. It happened, and I tried moving the rendering zone to debug it but it kept giving me the same error.
Someonefrom Adobe support helped me fix it though.

He went to sequence settings and changed the "Preview File Format" to "IFrame only MPEG". He claims it's much better for windows users. 
Thanks for trying to help John ! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's telling you the error is at timecode 00:00:00, so right from the start of your timeline. What effects are on that first clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's actually wrong. It happened, and I tried moving the rendering zone to debug it but it kept giving me the same error.
Someonefrom Adobe support helped me fix it though.

He went to sequence settings and changed the "Preview File Format" to "IFrame only MPEG". He claims it's much better for windows users. 
Thanks for trying to help John ! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Just curious, what was the preview codec set to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was set to "Microsoft AVI".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, that's not a great codec for previews. It's fine for exporting though even then it's fairly limited (Macs don't even read that format anymore). iFrame MPEG is fine if you just want to generate previews, but to really spped up your workflow choose a codec like ProRes, Cineform or DNxHD, then choose the exact same codec for export and check the "Use Previews" option. Your export will be very fast (if you've rendered the whole timeline) but it won't have to recompress the footage; this is called Smart Rendering. You'll have a big master that you can then drop into Media Encoder to make an MP4 for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines