• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't see or access original project folder anymore, only 1 bin is accessible.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started up premiere after a few days today, and all of a sudden, I can't access any of my bins. In this project, there is a 3 episode series. I have the sequence for episode 2 and the bin for episode 3 up and that is the only thing I can access. Having looked at my last autosave, that's quite far behind on the project and I'd prefer a way to use the current version.

Thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

2jS5M28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show a screenshot of your Project Panel.

Make sure you did not move bins within other bins.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://i.imgur.com/6OjGg1y.png

No bins within other bins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the menu Window > Projects > and open up your Project Panel.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No dice, opens the same thing I had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on the chevron, it doesn't appear in the list?

Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 5.09.23 PM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your bin is inside another bin (episodes).

Christophers TJNNaII sej.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Stan Jones

has it right - the other thing I was going to suggest was to right click on the Sequence Name in the Tab on the timeline and in the drop down menu choose Reveal Sequence In Project:

Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 6.40.52 AM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which would mean you had it right at post 1. Christopher's screenshot in post 2 shows the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay- so, that helped me access another bin, but I still can't access the original project bin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original bin is the one that would simply show the file path ending with .prproj. You created a bin "Episodes" and within that, "Episode 3." Make sure you go all the way back to  the bin with .prproj, then look in folders from there (if you have others).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't access that- that was part of my original issue. Doing what MtD said only got me the episode 1 bin, yet I still cannot access the project bin, as it's not here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confused by "the project bin" and am not sure what that means.

Does it mean when you open a new project, you immediately create a bin that everything else (including other bins) is placed in to?

When you working on the project previously, did you have any other Projects open (so that two were open at the same time)? if so, look in your recent projects and open another project with the same date and see if your material is there.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

christophers40475360  wrote

I can't access that- that was part of my original issue. Doing what MtD said only got me the episode 1 bin, yet I still cannot access the project bin, as it's not here.

New screen shot? The "episode 1 bin" is called "Episodes"? Are you not able to get to the "bin" (the root of the project) that has the file name with .prproj? Or you get there, but don't see the bin you are looking for? Or you don't see the files you expect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the same one with the project panel showing Bin 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, sorry, I typed a whole message and it didn't send for some reason.

My issue is I'm not able to access the root "bin".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, given the confusion, I just want to see it! I don't see how that is possible.

Also wondering about Meg's question regarding the possibility of a second project...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see it either, lol. So I'm just as confused as you. I tried asking support chat last night but the guy that helped me was next to useless and ended up deleting old projects instead of doing anything that would help me out.:/

This is annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When in doubt, I Window -> Workspaces -> Reset to saved layout. Then, if no joy, reset PR preferences (shift+alt and start PR). And perhaps clear caches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2jS5M28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it- didn't even know that was clickable. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had the same problem. I just switched workspaces from Editing to Effects and my missing bins and original project folder were all there again. When I switched back to Editing workspace everything was back to normal. Hope that works for someone else out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines