• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Stack Multiple Layers of Frame-Hold Nest'd Seqs.

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one nested seq with some footage of a clap in it. I've copied it to 4 video tracks. I want this to happen:

Track 1 plays and freezes on the clap.
Track two - the same clap seq scaled down and rotated a bit - begins. The clap happens and it freezes on top of the first clap.

Track 3 - the same clap seq scaled down and rotated a bit further - begins. It freezes on the clap once more.

etc.

This seems like it should be a relatively easy task using frame holds. But, the frame holds do not seem to be allowed to overlap at all. Once the hold on track two begins, the hold on track one goes dark. Are you not allowed to overlap the frame holds? If not, what is the proper way of doing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always found the Frame Hold a troublesome method, preferring instead to just export the frame I wish to hold on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use 'insert frame hold segment' option instead of hold on in/out points, playhead and other frame hold options ...

Before nesting, just cut the clip at the point you want it to freeze, should be the same point where your playhead is, then right click and choose insert frame hold, delete the remaining clip after that segment. you can drag the frame hold segment edges across the timeline to the desired time.

Nest that sequence and duplicate it on the other tracks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is basically what I do. But, once the playhead gets to an FH on another track (where there would have to be two FHs stacked on top of one another), the FH on the lower track disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share a short video ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this was quite a while ago, but did you ever find a solution to this? i'm having the same problem, and in the past i have always solved it by just exporting a screenshot of the whole frame, but i just encountered a scenario where i need 2 frame holds of transparent videos with frozen timer overlays, so i can't just ss this time since it won't be transparent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines