• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you capture mini dv to version 23? If not, what is the last version you can?

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you capture mini dv to version 23? If not, what is the last version you can? Yes I have Adobe Creative Cloud and I'm trying to capture mini dv tapes to my Mac from a Canon-XH-A1

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, no Adobe program now captures from tape

See if this [old] link I have still works DV and HDV for Mac Firewire capture http://www.lifeflix.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the problem:

Currently supported versions of macOS no longer support FireWire at all. Therefore, you are out of luck there.

The only current fix is to work with an old Mac and an old, obsolete version of both macOS and Premiere Pro, or switch to a Microsoft Windows PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually even an IMac does support firewire if you connect a Thunderbolt connected to a Firewire adapter to a Firewire. You can use iMovie to capture MINI DV but I was asking about Adobe Premiere... Can you capture mini DV with Adobe Premiere 23?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines