Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot change the text box size

Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I wanted to edit a portion of text for typography and couldn't select the part because the text bounding box was smaller than the text itself. Also I used the text tool instead of the legacy title. How do I make sure the text box is the same size as the text? 

IMG_20211119_114909.jpg

 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Essential Graphics Panel ... you have controls there for size/placement of the box.

And of course, if you have the Text tool active ... T for text ... then click/drag across the screen, you set the initial size of a text box. Click inside the box to begin typing.

You might go to the Help menu, to get to the online tutorials and User Guide to help get you farther along.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. i just realised that because i had a luma track matte applied, it showed me that size. As soon as i disabled the effect i got the inital text box size back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure its not just some random textbox over your pink text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes its the same text box for the text but its too small to edit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit:  As soon as i disabled the luma track matte effect i got the inital text box size back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to study and practice with the Track Matte effect. It's a powerful tool, but doesn't work the way many think it should.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is an easy alternative in the EGP for Track Matte.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot of effect controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines